Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Horrible experience at the Pas De La Casa park.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Claude B wrote:
Snowflake is a new phenomenon profligated firstly by Trump supporters then Brexiteers. Thrown around randomly and anonymously online. Rough translation "anyone who isn't a moron like me".

It precedes both of those. AKA millennial.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Claude B, Extra points for getting Brexit into a thread about snow parks Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hang11, Same - they heal quicker Smile
The first nearly always overshoots (youngest child syndrome with a point to prove), the second just makes the knuckle because they were focusing in a grab or spin or some such like, and the 3rd (eldest / sensible) normally bails at the last moment citing not enough speed and then shouts "Go on Dad !".
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@martinm, I must have led a more sheltered life before those 2 catastrophes. I stand by my definition though Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Claude B wrote:
@martinm, I must have led a more sheltered life before those 2 catastrophes. I stand by my definition though Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy

Just for info, from the Wiki page (other sources give a similar response)

'Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions. Common usages include the terms special snowflake, Generation Snowflake, and snowflake as a politicized insult.'
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Claude B wrote:
Snowflake is a new phenomenon profligated firstly by Trump supporters then Brexiteers. Thrown around randomly and anonymously online. Rough translation "anyone who isn't a moron like me".

I use it to describe super self centered, fragile, egocentric sensitive people, who can't stand and start complaining and crying about anything, that "offends" them or goes not as they like. In other words - milenials.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kosmoz wrote:
Claude B wrote:

I use it to describe super self centered, fragile, egocentric sensitive people, who can't stand and start complaining and crying about anything, that "offends" them or goes not as they like. In other words - boomers.

FTFY.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@polo, the whole forum is a damning indictment of the British Laughing

Isn't there a thread somewhere on TGR that refers to this place as a "middle England gaper-fest"?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
narbs wrote:
kosmoz wrote:
Claude B wrote:

I use it to describe super self centered, fragile, egocentric sensitive people, who can't stand and start complaining and crying about anything, that "offends" them or goes not as they like. In other words - boomers.

FTFY.

Tried to insult but failed. Boomers are my parents.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hang11 wrote:
I send my kids straight down first, see how it goes for them and take it from there. I’ve got 2 kids get 2 x the experience zero risk of injury.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Claude B wrote:

Goes back to the mid-90s actually. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_(slang)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd be more outraged at the Spar shop selling CS Gas and Knuckle Dusters to kids in Pas!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
earl wrote:
...a 5ft kicker with a 2.5m gap to the knuckle (yes I measured it because I was considering giving it crack).

That seems like a weird shape for a park jump. The kicker was 5ft high? For a gap of 2.50m?

2.5m, that's about one and a half ski lengths. You could clear that in shoes from the top of the kicker with a good standing jump!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
russ_e wrote:
I'd be more outraged at the Spar shop selling CS Gas and Knuckle Dusters to kids in Pas!

You think the OP's kids should have bought some?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Claude B wrote:

OK, boomer.

snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy