Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Altibus Geneva to Tignes?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi I am looking at getting the Altibus to transfer from Geneva to Tignes 15th Jan return 18th Jan, just to politely ask if anyone has experience(hopefully good) of using Altibus it looks like the only way to get there on these dates at reasonable cost. Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
they are good - think you might have to change buses en route (Moutiers?)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=150237&highlight=

Keep your eyes open for the unmarked coach!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Funny timing, I just booked my transfer from Geneva to Tignes. Smile Jan 11 to 16. Also some unusual days... and turns out that Alpybus also serves that route! Cheaper rates, and I'm yet to see evidence that they're worse than Altibus, so there's that. Wink
I called their (Swiss) office to finalise the booking and they were surprisingly useful and helpful. So I'm giving Alpybus a try this time around.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I tried Alpy but they don’t seem to run on the Wednesday unfortunately
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've used Altibus at least 30 times and never had a problem, except the minor fender bender last time. When your tickets arrive you also get a detailed instruction book.

It's easier for Tignes addicts as the bus drops people at Moutiers, Aime and Bourg then comes direct to Tignes and Val. Just occasionally you are transferred to a taxy at Bourg if there are only a couple of you left on the bus.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have booked GVA transfers for our private transfer this Christmas but the actual transfer was carried out by Altibus. Not sure if they are the same company...on the way there the transfer driver met us on time in the airport, and seemed friendly. however we were delayed at the entrance to the resort after being asked to put on snowchwuns and men from our group had to help the driver with this task. On arrival to Tignes the driver could not locate our building in Val Claret and we spend almost an hour trying to find it and in one point he asked us to get off the bus in the middle of nowhere which we refused. Thankfully we found it finally with the help of chalet host. On the way back we were supposed to meet the driver in the Val Claret tourist office. However, the transfer was delayed by over an hour! ( the driver claimed to have waited near Le Lac tourist office for some reason despite clear instructions). Luckily once in the transfer , he drove fast and we did make it to our flight but it was tight. So overall not the best experience and quite stressful
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Bella2015, This Altibus don't do private transfers - you get dropped at the bus stop! Must be another one.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am pretty sure it was Altibus (Swiss company), maybe they do it via GVA transfers when private. But hopefully you are right and it is not the same guys
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Altibus I am referring to that does buses from Geneva and Lyon is a French company based in Chambery.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sounds like Alpybus
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Bella2015

"...men from our group had to help the driver"

Ah! I love the smell of feminism in the morning. NehNeh
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Poogle, feminism or not I much preferred watching from inside the bus as they were struggling to get the chains fitted in a heavy snowfall Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bella2015 wrote:
I am pretty sure it was Altibus (Swiss company), maybe they do it via GVA transfers when private. But hopefully you are right and it is not the same guys

You've got the wrong company.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Couscous10 wrote:
Hi I am looking at getting the Altibus to transfer from Geneva to Tignes 15th Jan return 18th Jan, just to politely ask if anyone has experience(hopefully good) of using Altibus it looks like the only way to get there on these dates at reasonable cost. Thanks in advance.

I always use them if I can. Bigger, more comfortable coaches, better drivers, more professional, good prices. Have never had an issue.
ski holidays
@Couscous10, sncf to Bourg then the local bus up the mountain is cheeper, but it needs an early flight.
snow report
Hello, try Alpybus, https://alpybus.com/ .
snow report
anyone know of any discount codes for Alpybus? Thanks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy