Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter skiing resort choice / Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We often ski at easter and are used tot eh spring conditions. However we tend to go to the Tarrantiase resorts to ensure we get high slopes. fancy a change this year so thinking about Ischgl - read a lot of general info on here after searching for "ischgl" however I am a little concerned about the lack of lower treelines areas in case of bad weather, We have often had low cloud / mist in the spring and wondered if any of you have had personal experiecne of similar in Ischgl - is it prone to any particualr weather patterns in the spring ? all advice would be most welcomed. thanks. our alternative woudl be somewhere like Meribel Mottoaret to give us access to VT and also lower slopes around Meribel
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@backhojo, trying to guess the weather next week is difficult enough let alone in 3.5 months time. Despite its good snow record Ischgl actually has lower precipitation than many nearby areas such as the Arlberg. At a guess mid April would be likely to feature a good few days of mild sunny weather. However you are correct to say that Ischgl is not ideal in bad weather, there is not a lot of skiing amongst the trees (though that is rarely relevant late season) so it can be pretty bleak and the lifts along the main ridge can get closed by high winds. I would not have thought that is very different from the higher French resorts. I would say it is one of the best choices for mid April skiing, the resort stays open until May 1st (they have a big concert in the middle of the pistes) and they ensure as much of the resort stays open as is possible. It's range of early and late season skiing can make me overlook my distaste for the "village" itself, certainly the best option for a final few days of skiing before spring really arrives.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been twice in January... trying it in March this year.

Very very little skiing in the trees, just a few runs to the mid station on the Silvrettabahn (below that is just a home run, no one would ski it routinely), and a few amongst sparse trees to the right end of the piste map. Ischgl skiing is not pretty!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy