Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol UNIQUE 8 - unknown version/model?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Happy New Year Happy
Yesterday I bought on Xmas sale new Rossignol UNIQUE 8 skis for ~100$ Do you know sth about this model ? The problem is that when I try to google "UniQUE 8" I am finding only model from 15/16 year, which looks different.
This are the skis, which I have bought: https://www.sportisimo.pl/rossignol/unique-8-+-xpress-w-10/262270/?fbclid=IwAR0SdrA8us9IlqsD5sAfDUQKmFymJZzipZ2Q8xhd_M3kPgsxxOZzGj8FYL8
They look more like FAMOUS 8 model from 2018/2019, but not exactly the same. Do you know if there is a way to confirm, which model it is exactly and from which year. There is bar code at the bottom, plus code name: RAIJA52 \JAA (made is SPAIN) - maybe Rossignol support could verify it ?
What's more, the top of the skis is not fully covered with a tip protection: [url=]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TfEEfCeDeok8TYA_OB9TWgVyDZb8D5F5/view?usp=sharing[/url]
and there is no graphics or rossignol logo at the back of the skis (I found that all famous 8/Unique 8 have same sort of graphics at the back looking like https://apollo-ireland.akamaized.net/v1/files/xr3l3gwth6gd-PL/image;s=644x461)
Also UNIQUE 8 models had different looking tip protection. Here tip protection looks like FAMOUS 8 Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like a SMU, a ski made for a particular chain of shops.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rjs wrote:
Sounds like a SMU, a ski made for a particular chain of shops.

I still have them foil sealed - does it mean that they are worst than normal production? My girlfriend is advanced skier and I am doing research if this model will be good for her. I thought that ~120$ was pretty good deal and bought them without any knowledge about this model.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, Rossignol ski model numbering seems to follow the following pattern
First Letter - R - presumably meaning Rossignol
Second Letter - A - seems to mean Ski, B = Boot
Third Letter - I - seems to mean Model year. I = 2019/20, H = 2018/19, G = 2017/18 etc

The skis appear to be 2019/20 models but that model doesn't appear in the 2019/20 Rossignol catalogue so it would appear that @rjs, is correct in it being a "special". Google translate of the website comes up with this translation of the description:-

"Rossignol UNIQUE 8 + XPRESS W 10 is an affordable ski model designed for skiing on prepared routes. It guarantees energy, precision and easy carving for beginners and intermediate skiers. The Power Turn Rocker profile is responsible for easy turn initiation and keeping the edge on compacted snow."

which would suggest that it is a budget beginners model which would not suit your advanced skier girlfriend.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

which would suggest that it is a budget beginners model which would not suit your advanced skier girlfriend.

She is right now using DYNASTAR OMEGLASS 64 - old model from 2002 - do you think that they are still better in comparison to Rossignol UNIQUE 8 SMU ?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy