Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Season

Poster: A snowHead
Looking to do a ski season in St Anton 2020/2021 December to April - I'll be 19 and on a gap year. I speak German fluently and was wondering how I could go about finding a job? What tour operators have openings in St Anton - would prefer something in hospitality, as that's where I have experience, like a chalet or ski instructing.

many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You'll need qualifications if you want to get in to ski instructing. Number of tour ops in St Anton, e.g. Hotelplan, Ski World, Neilson, Kaluma, but quite exactly how things will shape up next winter, nobody really knows as it depends on what deals are made post Brexit. If you have a passport from another EU country then you shouldn't have a problem finding a job in one of the local hotels for example, especially as you are fluent in German.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

You'll need qualifications if you want to get in to ski instructing. Number of tour ops in St Anton, e.g. Hotelplan, Ski World, Neilson, Kaluma, but quite exactly how things will shape up next winter, nobody really knows as it depends on what deals are made post Brexit. If you have a passport from another EU country then you shouldn't have a problem finding a job in one of the local hotels for example, especially as you are fluent in German.

great. Yeah I know about the Anwarter etc however don't want to commit to anything too early that could be costly - just want to explore my options. Brexit shouldn't be a too big concern for me as I do have a Polish (EU) passport as well
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This site might be of some help

http://jobs.natives.co.uk/ski-jobs
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mikolaj1109, I was talking to the owner of a mountain restaurant in Schladming before Christmas and he was saying how difficult it is to get staff. With hospitality experience and fluent German you should have no problem getting a job. Plus a Polish passport....... Very Happy
Forget tour operators apply directly to hotels and restaurants.
If you can get cooking experience too then even better.
Good luck.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@cad99uk
that's great to hear. Yeah I definitely want to work when im there for the 4 months however I don't really care about making money overall, just as long as I make enough to cover my expenses and it still allows me enough time to enjoy skiing and apres, so I'll apply to a whole range and see what I can get
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mikolaj1109, Love your attitude. Reckon you'll do well and have a blast
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@esaw1, Agreed, you'll get work there no problem, infact you should be able to have your pick of jobs. Bar work in the evenings maybe best for maximum ski time.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can you get out this season to speak to people? May be worthwhile and you can ski while you are there!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have a look at Workaway. Two years ago we shared first lifts with a guy from NZ who had to walk the dogs and other simple chores in return for board and lodging.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@esaw1 cheers am looking forward to it if all goes to plan
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@alasdair.graham I wish I could but I'm still in school right now so can't go. Currently in the 3 Valleys however went to St Anton and just fell in love with it hence why I am really keen on doing it there, so will probably just email and contact as many hotels, bars etc to try and get something sorted asap when the time comes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Mikolaj1109, You sound really well qualified — so don't undersell yourself. You might even be able to offer your services subject to certain condition etc. eg: time off, pay, accommodation etc.

Sounds to me like a busy bar could be your best bet. You could offer to work say 4pm to midnight, as that is a solid 8 hour shift, and the bars often rake it in. And folks can be pretty generous with tips when they are on holiday. And some of the bars have staff accomodation available. Then ask them to give you one day off a week, and a season ski pass.

This may be better than working in a chalet, where you have to do a lot more. With evening bar work, you can ski all day!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Poogle, Good advice, but I'd be asking to work 3-4 nights a week. If you can manage save up to cover your ski pass, and accom in a flat share then you are in Dreamland Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A lot of local jobs here come with accommodation and often food included, you just need your own skis and lift pass, but working on a local contract, if you do IIRC 30 hours over 90 days of the season, you can claim about half of that back from the lift company at the end of season if you show your paperwork. You'd be much better getting a job locally than with a tour op.
snow report
@Mikolaj1109,
With regards to Tour Operators, only apply to those who ONLY go to St Anton. With multi-resort TOs recruits doing their first season rarely get to choose which resort they are sent to.
ski holidays
Don't work.

Get a loan.

Ski every day.
snow report
@sitter @kenzie cheers for the advice
snow conditions
@Whitegold whilst skiing every day sounds appealing, I am not gonna waste my savings or actually borrow thousands when I can possibly ski almost every day whilst netting effectively zero through working
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy