Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Technical hoodie

Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

Im new on here, just been lurkin on the trips really as potentially gonna be a solo boarder next year! but i was wondering if anyone has a technical hoodie and if they are any good, as in would you get away with just wearing that instead of a jacket? Just think they look cool really, which is what you want to look when your stackin hard
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to sHs, but ...... mountain weather can change quickly and bite your ar$e bad.

Unless you're in messing about in the valley and can see the smoke coming out of the bar chimney, taking chances is a mugs game ...... but if you're gonna do it, put a decent jacket in your pack as well.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the reply! Ahh ok Thats kind of what i thought would be the case just blinded by the thought of just wearing a hoodie! I didnt know how good they were or if they are just a bit of an overhyped warmer hoodie, so just Use as a midlayer really then! Any recommendations?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can get away with a hoodie on a sunny afternoon if you're just lapping the park and not going far. If its a windcheater too this would be better.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ahh yehh ok i may have confused things, i think thats what i was looking at! The dope yeti! It says its like a jacket that looks like a hoodie!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, I have one.....

https://www.ridestore.com/uk/dope-snowboard-jacket-yeti-faded-green

They are 10k waterproof & 10k breathability. Fleece lined. On its own not warm enough - but with multiple layers fine in all conditions (bit warm in snowdome with just a T-shirt on).

Really comfy, has decent sized hood, zip up pouch and has lift pass zip.

You can definitely get away with wearing this as a jacket in all conditions. Seen a fair few of them on slopes last year.

The material is the soft shell type.

Edit - just to add customer service is ace and delivery really quick.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah awesome! Thankyou thats what i wanted to hear! Very Happy the price is decent aswell, ive had the same jacket for like five years so i think i can justify it! What colour did you go for? @Drew Carey,
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went for the green / teal one.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Noice!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As Drew says the ones you are looking at are 10k waterproof and 10k breathability as well as a windcheater so in all fairness, you can't go wrong for standard day on the mountains. 10k/10k is what I've used as a jacket on everything but the worst of the weather days so would be absolutely fine. I usually have a base layer and then a 1/4 zip merino top under the jacket. Usually end up taking the Merino off after a few hours.

Tempted to get that Burgundy one myself Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Burgundy one is lovely. Only went for the green as matches my boots & detail on snowboard. Lol.

But totally agree, the 10k/10k will be enough for all but the worst weather. If uber cold, should be able to layer enough under it. 10k should be sufficient for all but wettest conditions too.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dammit you're right... The green will match my board and bindings much better. Oh well, just don't head to Valmorel in January or Les Deux in March and neither of us will have to go home and change Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well i took your advice! I orderd it last night, so hopefully itll arrive soon went for the brown and black Very Happy i think im gonna join the eosb aswell in val thoren! Just abit worried about snow conditions on that one but looks like your going so atleast i know there will
Be some borders!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Brahbarian, I went on EOSB last year and am going this year. It’s excellent. Don’t have to worry about conditions.....since starting them I believe the worst it’s been is circa 90% of pistes open. So really nothing to worry about.

Last year we even managed some off piste. Benefit of VT with the altitude is that keeps snow for ages. Plus this year the whole of 3V should still be open.

Join us - won’t regret it.

@S@mm084, don’t worry - only doing EOSB this year in VT so no clash concerns!!! snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Drew Carey, ah awesome! Ok i think thats swayed me more towards committing! Ill spend a couple of hours looking at the button later and see what happens Very Happy
snow report
@Brahbarian, well I have been doing laps of the limited open pistes in Pamporovo for the last two days in a cycling top and a merino wool thermal base layer Smile It was 14 degrees though I think
ski holidays
@rayscoops, haha nice!! How is Pamporovo? 14 degrees! You should have packed your speedo’s Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy