Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

enlarging booties.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

Does anyone have experience of enlarging snowboard boots, particularly Burton rulers?

My old ski boots were much more comfortable than these bloody snowboard booties I have now.

My problem is that I have abnormally different sized feet, under 10.25 for the left and over 10.75 for the right one. When I had ski boot fitted, Scot (of Edge and Wax fame) spent hours getting the closest pair to it me and they were amazing. But the lady at slush and rubble spent..ooo, must have been minutes, which resulted in my left foot slopping about in the 10,5 size and the right being a bit cramped. Scot actually scraped out some of the shell IIRC, can this be done in a snowboard bootie?

Cheers in advance guys.

Nik with the Knackered Knees!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You have to create a tool that enables the facilitation of your desired goal .....

But yes ...... I've done that thing.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
take the boots back if they don't fit. They have been mis-sold to you (quite the norm with S&R who are just sale staff).

If that is not an option then you need to look at one foot at a time....

You need to try them on & put yourself into the snowboard position, as you toe's move forward when your knees are bent.
You are looking for 3 things :-
i) toes - they should be just grazing the end of the liner - if they are not, then the boot is to small, if they are crunched up, then boots are to big.

ii) heel (is it lifting? bend your knees. Bend them more.. is it lifting? If it's snug & only lifting a little, then Burton do J-Bars if you request them, these velcro inside the boot & push into the liner. They are not a stop heel lift solution, but should help a heel with only small lift. You can also try a heel wedge. Remember, you need to get pressure down on the front of your foot & your heel. If you are pressing on nothing but air unil your heel is down in your boot, then you have just wasted a considerable amount of energy - since when you press with your toes, your heel will lift before you get toe pressure. ie your foot is see-sawing in the boot.

iii) overall comfort fit - any pressure points. Walk around in the boots. Sit in them for 5-10mins. legs stretched out. legs bent. Stand in them, etc. Any pressure/numbness?
Burton do a wide fit (if you get pressure on the outside of your foot for example) as well as an asian fit, but they can be hard to find.

The liners pack out by 1/2 a size to a full size, so its also worth remembering the liners will give over time & new boots are supposed to hurt. I guess you are stuck with making sure the bigger foot is comfortable (especially if it is also your leading foot)

For the loose foot, then you could use some foam pads, etc. between your boot & liner. Its worth asking Burton for J-Bars & they may also have some foam pads (drop them an email or give the Austria branch a call). You might get away wearing a thicker sock after some mods - but I would avoid wearing 2 pairs as they can rub & cause blisters.

Other options - find a cheap 2nd hand pair of boots in a smaller size for your smaller foot & use odd liners.
try a 2nd footbed - Think of the liner being domed shape, if your sole is a little higher, then your foot should fit into a narrower part of the dome.

Custom fit liners - But that can damage your boot & you only get one shot at the fit or the liners will be ruined. Big risk of an expensive mistake!

Id be tempted to be back in the shop trying on all sorts of boots & sizes. All boots are different. Burton are notorious for being slim (hence they do wide/asian fit). You might have better luck with another make/brand. Forget price. Try them all on. Get an idea of what brand works for you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When I read the thread title I was expecting some Kardashian gossip...........
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@GreenDay, yeah, I think I saw Sir Mixalot sniffing around this thread earlier, said his anaconda was most dissatisfied.

@gixxerniknik, as eggy says, take them back to SnR and get the liner reheated and remoulded. I use Rulers and the heel and ankle moulding is quite pronounced, so does take some getting used to and wear until it forms properly. Wear thinner socks when you go rather than thick ski socks and really put the pressure into the boot during the mould to get the fit right.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy