Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

APRR Doofus/bipper Payment

Poster: A snowHead
Long time no post. Does anyone have any ideas how to sort this one out?

Have spent an hour failing miserably to update credit card details for our APRR doofus badge. I have also failed miserably to contact them via their website email. I thought I had changed details before Christmas but they've sent an email requesting payment (which I think I have managed via IBAN) and they've suspended the badge.

Any tips? We need the doofus for a trip next week so would like it sorting before we go there.

Thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When we last updated I am pretty should we did it via email.

I think it was under my old email account though so have no trace of it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If all else fails try sorting it from the APRR office which is normally located on the right hand side at the major toll booths.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Layne, @Ozboy, thank you. Was planning on what Ozboy suggested. Have you done this yourself?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Ozboy, Is that only possible from an APRR office ?. if thats the case you will be well past Reims before you reach one. The APRR web page only allows bank account details to be updated. Might be easier to source a new one from a UK based providor.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
In the past I've changed mine via phone. I must have found the number on the website. I asked if they spoke English and got out through to someone who did (cue apologies for not speaking French) who was very helpful and sorted it out.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They're very helpful on the phone. When I last tried to change some details which I couldn't do online I sent the details but they phoned back. Some french necessary though. I have however changed credit card details online before. I'll find out again in March.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I managed to change them online no problem last time. Is says to change bank details but it actually means credit card
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BergenBergen wrote:
@Ozboy, Is that only possible from an APRR office ?. if thats the case you will be well past Reims before you reach one. The APRR web page only allows bank account details to be updated. Might be easier to source a new one from a UK based providor.

Never had to do it myself as bought online but read elsewhere of others who have purchased a doofer at the toll office. Might be worth calling them to see.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@MarjMJ, I've just had a look in my own APRR account. I don't have the option to add credit card details, only a bank account. As this asks for an IBAN and BIC code, as well as country, assume that this can be a UK account, although we use a FRench one.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A few years back I changed my card details but for some reason the badge was deactivated which I discovered at the first toll booth. When I arrived in resort I emailed APRR with the problem and it was sorted within 48hrs. I have changed the details online since without problems.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Hells Bells, how strange....mine gives an option to change credit card under 'my profile' and then 'personal information'
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I did mine last week. Just login in the APRR website and update your card details on there. It took 2 minutes.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A few years back my credit card details ran out and they just sent me an invoice the following month. (which was the first I knew that there was an issue)
Last year I had issues trying to update credit card details so in the end I just ordered a new one Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just pop into the Office in Reims - they speak good English and are very helpful. Be warned any major changes take 24 hrs to work, so you may end up using the Credit card barriers all the way down.
snow report
Cheers everyone. We’re flying to Geneva, so think we’ll have to call into the Aire d’Allonzier on A41

@Whitters, I thought I HAD changed the card before we went away over the Christmas hols . Evil or Very Mad When you try do to it the site gets so far then spits put the changes. And it only lets you try once a day Puzzled
@Hells Bells, Hi there! snowHead snowHead tried with the UK bank details but the page wasn’t having any of it.

I do wonder if it depends on the type of doofus offer you got. Puzzled

I’d try the phone but have lost my voice (no tittering at the back) so wouldn’t inflict my Scottish Bonnie Tyler speaking crap French on anyone Laughing
ski holidays
@Page23, thanks. Have been trying this but it keeps getting refused.
latest report
@MarjMJ, Laughing Laughing . I seem to recall a live chat or email facility, but I see you may already have tried that one.
snow conditions
or Twitter. They have a Twitter account, as I asked on there about a replacement bracket for the windscreen.
snow conditions
@Hells Bells, You are fab Smile Just been online again to try and figure out where we are up to. I can't see live chat and the email thing won't work for some reason.... Puzzled Puzzled

Will try twitter - my credit card provider said all their side was fine so it isn't them. Tried again to do the card update but failed miserably.

Got a message on the account saying "impayé à regulariser" and 'unpaid to be regularised' so I am hoping that doesn't mean Mr Macaroon will be sending round the gendarmes. NehNeh

Watch this space. Aire d'Allonzier looking our best bet.
snow conditions
Last year my credit card ran out. I tried to change it the day before we left. It took the new details, but as we drive through France overnight, the bipper didn’t ‘bip’ once.
For the return journey the following weekend I prepared for a drop-in to the office at the first tolls, but hey presto.... it sprung into life.

I think their website must have taken a while to process the changes.... probably only works during daytimes when it isn’t on a coffee/fag break?
snow report
@MarjMJ, are you needing to put in your billing address again when you enter details, just wondering if it is the usual French postcode saga. Enter 00000 in the Zip bit and add you UK postcode at the end of the Town/City field.
latest report
Good news. I reckon the IBAN I did worked as the account is up and running again and the bill is showing as paid. Hurrah for international bank transfer and paying attention in French class.

@jamescollings, NehNeh quite. I was pretty sure we had changed it. We’ll be over there on Tuesday so will pop in to a services to update it.

@Hells Bells, no. It is the card details. It is fine with my address but that is good to know Very Happy

Anyhoo - thank you everyone. snowHead All part of life’s rich tapestry. I can now focus on stressing about something else now Laughing
snow report
UPDATE: Well, they say God loves a trier- and I have tried Confused

First of all the badge didnt work even though I have paid off the bill and can see all my account.

Went to the badge office on A41. Lovely chap all ready to give me new badge. Our badge was old he said. I needed a new badge. Very Happy Then when I tried to get the card updated it all went the other way. Crying or Very sad

The badge offices of AREA can give out new APRR badges, and look at all your account details...and tell you your account is suspended Crying or Very sad But he can’t change your details because AREA aren’t APRR....Which isn’t great as we’ll not be far enough north to go to an APRR office this trip.

So Undeterred I rang the number I got by tweeting APRR and them sending me a DM (thanks @Hells Bells I did all my best French to explain and the lovely woman was very very helpful. But she couldn’t change the card details and Wait for it... we will have to go to the APRR offices.

Had one more go at changing the credit card online but that still won’t work.

So, prenez le ticket for us till we come back in the summer.

Like I said, God loves a Trier. Laughing Laughing
snow report
Sounds like a night mare. Maybe you should just apply for an new doofer using IBAN account details and pay the small fee which is not ideal but maybe quicker?
snow conditions
Seem to vaguely remember when I had trouble updating cc details it wouldn't accept a different card account but did for a new card from the original account.

There was also some french regulation that came in saying accounts had to be linked to a (French) bank account rather than a credit card. APRR continued to accept cc for UK accounts (SANEF got around it by opening a UK office) and it might be that that prevents change of account details working online?
latest report
@adithorp, I vaguely remember too, which is why mine is now linked to my French account.
snow report
@Ozboy, it has been testing but perhaps payback for all the gloating we’ve done sailing thru the 30kph lanes past queues prenezing teekays
@adithorp, @Hells Bells, might have to ditch APRR and go for a Sanef one instead.

No idea how to go about French bank account and not living in France (yet) so will have to leave it as an experience.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@MarjMJ, Sanef is very easy, links to UK Bank account via standard UK Direct Debit and their website is all in English. Have changed their name to Emovis, UK website now https://www.emovis-tag.co.uk/
ski holidays
@Timc, thank you for this. So kind!
I will check it out on our return.
latest report
MarjMJ wrote:
@Ozboy, it has been testing but perhaps payback for all the gloating we’ve done sailing thru the 30kph lanes past queues prenezing teekays
@adithorp, @Hells Bells, might have to ditch APRR and go for a Sanef one instead.

No idea how to go about French bank account and not living in France (yet) so will have to leave it as an experience.

Does it need to be a French bank or will they accept IBAN and BIC from a UK account?
latest report
@Ozboy, when APRR wanted my outstanding payment they were happy to take UK IBAN. I think by implication and by what @Timc, said SANEF will take Uk but I need to follow that up.
snow report
@MarjMJ, SANEF / Emovis sell through a UK based subsidiary and invoice in Sterling ( at a fair exchange rate ) with direct debit on a UK bank account. My January journeys will be invoiced to me about the 10th Feb with payment being taken at the end of February.
snow report
@Timc, I saw the emovis deal. It is WAY more expensive than what we have at the moment which is charges when you use it plus a couple of Euro for the month flat you used it in. No other annual charges. Just an inability to update the credit card Laughing

But I will look again.
snow report
@MarjMJ, I am wondering if it is easier to cancel and return your current badge, and open a new account with APRR or AREA? I agree the EMOVIS thing is far more expensive which I think is why we switched from SANEF in the first place.
ski holidays
Timc wrote:
@MarjMJ, Sanef is very easy, links to UK Bank account via standard UK Direct Debit and their website is all in English. Have changed their name to Emovis, UK website now https://www.emovis-tag.co.uk/

Offices in Halifax, I thought.
snow conditions
@Hells Bells, maybe. We’ll be back in summer so might got for replacement then. Once the Jan bill is paid off it shouldn’t matter.
@Scamper, Halifax? With those prices? Laughing thank you Very Happy
latest report
@MarjMJ, From memory, when my credit card expired last year, I received a letter from APRR asking me to pay. I also failed to change the credit card details (Home page>Customer space>personal information) so had to enter details for a new card; pay the outstanding invoice and only then delete the details for the old card. I suspect that once a valid credit card has been confirmed, you will be able to re-activate the doofer (or confirm with the accounts office that it should work again).
snow report
Eurotunnel offer of Emovis tag with a €10 discount

https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/promotions/emovis-tag/

Here are the details

Free application - no fee (save €10)
€6** annual fee for the first year of subscription, discounted to €3** from the second year onwards
€20 refundable security deposit on the tag
€5** active usage fee - only for the months in which the tag is used and capped at €10 in any subscription year
ski holidays
@oui4ski, thanks. I’ve been all round the houses with the card - the only other cc I have doesn’t do favourable foreign exchange rates so would have to get a new cc account entirely.

@boredsurfin, thanks. It would still cost me 26€ avg a year just to have the thing and the one I have the moment costs 8€ Avg a year. When it works. Twisted Evil
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy