Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Live TR Westendorf

Poster: A snowHead
Stage 1. Ryanair Dublin Salburg. No delay. Super fast thru passport control and getting bags. Maybe 30 mins tops.
Had arranged private transfer with Stefan's Taxis. He was at exit. 5 mins later on the roads to Westendorf....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Enjoy! Westendorf is great! snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Got to Westy about 12.45. Staying in Haus Leo. Lovely apartment about 5ish mins from the main beginner area. Got key, nipped to to Spar for basics and booked ski lesson for kids with Reds. Back to apartment, changed then en famille to Hausberger, collected ski gear, out to get ski pass and on a ski lift at 3pm. So 2 hours sking as a free bonus. We coulda been on slopes for 1.30, but we're happy as the 3pm meant no extra cost to get our ski legs. Sat in Bruchstall surveying my domain listening to Austropop! Tomorrow ski school and a full day skiing. Its warm here at the moment
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Day 1 done. Dropped daughters to ski schools, and was told give them money for lunch no need to return until pickup at 3.30. So free to explore. Headed up top with Daughter 1 and then spent enjoyable morning at back of mountain. Some great runs. Lunched at restaurant in Choralpe. First run of afternoon was 11 Red into Brixen. Temps warm so a bit mushy. Nice run all the same. A bit of a far at the end with the travelator and pull rope back to Gondola. Then did a few runs down to Choraloe base before back to pickup kids. 10c at mid stations. So choppy, mushy, mogully from 3pm onwards. One daughter took a tumble, sore upper arm. Monitoring, but think no more than impact pain, she is a bit of a hypochondriac but one never knows. Could do without anything more than that however. Snow promised but this afternoon was positively Spring like.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Does anyone know if the 4 seater chair in the practice area in westerndorf requires a ski pass or if its free? Im guessing the nearby tow rope and travelator is free but not sure about the chair? (sorry for jumping into this thread)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jimmybog, pretty sure it's got a pass reader from memory. So yes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
HutToHut wrote:
@jimmybog, pretty sure it's got a pass reader from memory. So yes.

Ok thanks for the quick reply
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I assume you mean that main lift Schneeberg. Yeah it's a regular lift entrance needing a ski pass to enter alright.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Weather forecast is cooler and snowier weather until Thursday with potentially a really nice day on Friday. Fingers crossed for a good week.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Day 2. Back from morning bakery run. Blue skies.. .
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Day 2 cont'd.
Temps were lower than yesterday so hard, fast, icy pistes in the morning. Again went to back of mountain and discovered 120 Red (Ki West). A lovely long cruisey red. Did this a few times. Fave run here at the moment. Lunched In KiWest Skihutte.
By midday it was very overcast, and there were snow clouds and winds, however no snow.
I did discover my goggles are not built for low, overcast light conditions, so will need other low light goggles. Something for next year.
In the afternoon it brightened up again but stayed a few degrees cooler so not a slushy lower down as yesterday.
Another great day. Hoping temps stay low for rest of week.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ado, Ki West was my favourite run there. Will you be going over to the rest of the ski-welt? There are more long, satisfying reds over the other side.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I want to make at least one trip over. Daughter in ski school means 945 drop off and 315 pickup. I should be able to do Brixen area. ON last day no school we may do whole day there. She is a cautious skiier tho. So may do long blues
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Day 3 bakery run complete. Rain in resort, but you can see the snow on trees higher up. So could be good....
latest report
Forecast is now for snow all week, not a lot of sunshine so you might want to get some different googles. If you do go over to the other side of Brixen dont bother with the red run back to the village, it is practically always in poor condition and not easy to ski, unless you and your kids are really confident skiers best get the gondola back. The run down to Ski West is good some long cruisey sections. The run down from Choralpe to Brixen is also really good, there is a short steep section but there is a path alternative, as it is north facing it usually has good snow.
ski holidays
munich_irish wrote:
Forecast is now for snow all week, not a lot of sunshine so you might want to get some different googles.

DuckDuckGo?
latest report
Home Run to Brixen non-existent.
Did 11 red, top nice, bottom half a slushfest.
Cleared up in afternoon. Lots of loose snow over hard pack makes life interesting.
snow conditions
Jaysus the snow was wet and heavy from about 2pm. Despite snow in morning the temps were warm in afternoon.
It's nice from about 11 - 2. Before icy, after slushy.
Not that I am complaining, a bad day skiing still better than anything else.
I do like Westy, I can deffo see why people keep coming back.
Impressed with Reds ski school. Been superb with my 2 daughters
ski holidays
Jaysus the snow was wet and heavy from about 2pm. Despite snow in morning the temps were warm in afternoon.
ski holidays
You were saying blues earlier - the ones over in kirchberg are fab, 30/31, 26.

Just a thought, do your daughters like cake? I have very fond memories of the cake in cafe Elizabeth. Glad you're having a good time even with the dodgy snow!
snow report
The 3 daughters that are with me are fussy (and I left a fourth at home, currently I am the proud "custodian" of 4 teenage daughters). The snow is Grand, and I am very happy here in Westy. Nice setup and the instructor with daughter 4 is so kind and encouraging. Perfect match, her confidence is building every day. She needs a certain type of instruction and he has perfectly matched that. I will almost certainly return here frequently.... Pretty village, good local slopes and good connections to rest of ski welt and kitz make it a nice base
ski holidays
ado wrote:

How bizzare. Cold all day above kirchberg and excellent snow all day. Didn't notice temperature warming up at all. Though i did stay high all day. Bit warmer back in the village but not as warm as it was sunday afternoon. Was the slushy snow at mid mountain or higher up as well?
ski holidays
Snow to mid station in good Nick. Lower down softened and was shoved into big pikes Runs 111 and 110c Carnage with ski schools inching home
snow report
Day 4. Bakery run complete. Snowing quite heavily in resort at 8am. Big soft fluffy flakes
ski holidays
Some day so far. Bluebird morning. Glorious at back of mountain on KiWest and Gampenkogel. Occasionally clouded over and dropped snow.
However at bottom of Choralm it is 6c at 1.45pm. let's see what happens...
snow report
Snow at bottom did ok. Fabulous day. Looks like Thurs and Fri will also be good also. No queues either at back of mountain.i guess that is the furthest reach of the Ski Welt.
Westy has now jumped to No. 1 in family resort ranking.
Again impressed with Reds ski and board school. Both instructors great. Girls improving and really enjoying. Very, very happy with them.
ski holidays
+1 for cafe Elizabeth. They used to and may still have b&b rooms. The cakes were brill. However I found the slow lifts higher up the mountain irritating at westendorf and much prefer kirchberg these days.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Day 5 bakery run complete. no snow in village overnight. Bright with some clouds.
Hmmm...noted on the slower lifts. The new Fleiding, opened this year is great though. Grampenkogel and Windau are a tad pedestrian.
snow report
Spring has sprung. Completely different feel today....
latest report
12.30 and Slushy already at bottom of KiWest....
snow report
Does anyone know if you can download on the ki-west gondola? Thinking of having a quick blast in the morning and then download to catch bus to pengelstein. I know you can ski down but not sure wifes ready to tackle a red run yet.
snow report
@jimmybog, Yes you can, I have done so when the run has been closed. There is a path diversion around the steep bit if that helps
snow report
munich_irish wrote:
@jimmybog, Yes you can, I have done so when the run has been closed. There is a path diversion around the steep bit if that helps

Excellent, thanks munichirish (again!!). Ill double check with liftpass office before we go up. Ive always assumed you can return on all gondolas, but the maierbahn near our hotel does not allow it.

Plus im such a thicket, i only realised yesterday that the ki-west is just up from our hotel. It doesn't show up clearly on the kitzbuhl ski map!!
snow report
Day ended very cold up top. So snow will stay in shape. A few flakes fell...so you never know, maybe overnight some more fluffy stuff.
Daughter in ski school was brought to Scheffau and back! Jealous....
Last day tomorrow so family ski day. May stay local and go to back of hill again....
ski holidays
Day 6. Bakery run. Taking steadily in resort at 830am.
latest report
Day 6. Bakery run. Raining steadily in resort at 830am.
snow conditions
14.30. snowing quite heavily at altitude. Rain in resort.
latest report
Good to hear it's snow higher. We've just arrived..
snow report
Almost a white out at times. Stay above mid station after 1.30pm is my advice.
We took 11 red to Brixen. Top is lovely, bottom third is torture. I would advise take bus to Brixen!
Slopes above Brixen are great - but so crowded. Personally loved the Windau/Grampenkogel/KiWest bowl.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy