Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen transfer from Innsbruck

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads,

First time trip to Mayrhofen in a few weeks, please can anyone give any insight on transfers.

Whilst train looks great cost option, as I arrive into Innsbruck at 10am the opportunity to get a few hours on slopes suggests private transfer maybe the way to go but ££’s more

Anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I always rent a car from Innsbruck.
Good prices, winter tires and vignette, easy to return at any hour and the valley roads are clean and way easier in a blizzard than the Tarentaise ones.
And if you have the time and inclination, you can return a day earlier and book one night at the Langenfeld spa&hotel
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Four Seasons Travel https://www.tirol-taxi.at/
The train is considerably cheaper though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wait to see if you actually manage to land at Innsbruck first Twisted Evil
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mr.Egg wrote:
Wait to see if you actually manage to land at Innsbruck first Twisted Evil

Good point. The only time I have attempted to fly there we landed at Munich. Great outbound flight, though with superb views on climb out.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
On the other hand, I managed to do it 3 years in a row (one time with Crystal - TUI, the others DIY).
(Still once we had an early morning take-off that was postponed due to bad visibility and they took us by taxi to Munich airport)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@drporat, I accept that my flight could have been unlucky - but it was a monumental bind. we waited many hours to depart - and were about 12 hours late at St Anton. Fortunately the chalet staff were fantastic - and we had a decent midnight meal waiting for us. Valley airports can be iffy. Sion and Chambéry have also caused me delay/diversions.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@achilles, i can imagine. That specific morning made me arrive to Israel at midnight through Warsaw rolling eyes
I still prefer Innsbruck to Munich due to just being lazy while driving
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try “Taxi Olly”
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I always get the train. H Line (iirc) bus from the airport to the Hauptbahnhon, then make sure you get the fast train to Jenbach, not the stopper. Furthest platform from the Jenbach station building is the Zillertalbahn, that's the slow bit. You should be able to get a few turns in in the afternoon, but whether it's actually worth the half-day pass I don't know.

There is another option though. In the Innsbruck Hauptbahnhof there are left luggage lockers big enough to put a ski bag in, or any other luggage for that matter. From Innsbruck city centre you can take the Nordkettebahn directly up to the slopes overlooking the city. I can't remember exactly how you get there, I've only been up it once and that was in summer. I tried to do it this time last year, but Nordkette was closed because of too much snow, so I ended up going up to Igls instead.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@huw_jenks, it's about 400 m from the Golden Roof in the old town, the gondola takes you to 1900 and then you can go up to do the Hafelekar if you have a death wish Skullie
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ribblevalleyblue, if you hire a car then don't drive straight to Mayrhofen. Stop at Kaltenbach, it's the first big ski area you get to in the Zillertal. Same ski pass as Mayrhofen and there's a big car park right next to the gondola. That should get you at least an extra half-hour compared to going to Mayrhofen and it's a nicer ski area.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Valkyrie, I have already hired ski’s in Mayrhofen so not an option to ski elsewhere on arrival, but will be going to Kaltenbach for at least a day as heard good things like you say.

All, thanks for all the responses so far
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ribblevalleyblue, what day of the week and date are you arriving? Makes a big difference to travel times into the valley and up past Schlitters.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@bennyboy, Saturday 18th
ski holidays
So best case 1 hour travel to Mayrhofen but could be 1hr 30 mins.

Did you already book your skis/boots for the day of arrival? If you haven’t then the other ideas on a different mountain on arrival makes sense.

If you go straight to resort, assuming you can dump your stuff at hotel (even if room not ready you can change and leave your bag at reception), get skis and lift pass you will get on lift by 12.30 and get a good few hours on the mountain. Saturday the pistes will be empty so well worth doing.
ski holidays
@Bennyboy1, yes skis booked in Mayrhofen and were same price for 7 as 6 days with Greenroom, so keen to extract that value and having done the Saturday skiing in Saalbach many times, really enjoy the relative quiet of changeover day.

The best time I can get to Mayrhofen with connections assuming flight on time is 1230 and that relies on smooth bag collection/transfer from airport to station, so agree that’s why I felt taxi has me at the hotel by 1130/12

At least 2 of us on DIY for transfer and trying to persuade another 4 on package to pay nominal extra for the luxury of direct transfer and more slope time

Thanks for response and look forward to seeing any of your posts of conditions in the coming couple of weeks
snow report
Good luck!
ski holidays
I agree with SaraJ. Go for Four Seasons Travel https://www.tirol-taxi.at/ . The road up the Ziller valley gets very congested on a Saturday and they know the back doubles up the side roads that the police won't let ordinary cars use. They are good value and will deal with flight problems. I recommend you pay the extra 6 or 7 euros for their insurance if you do choose to use them. It cost me less than £50 each for a party of 5 return on 12th Jan to 19th Jan. Im just about to book them again for my March trip.
latest report
Another vote for Four Seasons. Travelled with them many times, great service.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy