Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott strapless poles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone tried these and have any pros or cons? I need to buy myself poles for the first time as have bought skis. I like the idea of not having to faff around with straps every time I need to blow my nose (every time I stop seemingly!).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've one pair in our family, and everyone fights over them Very Happy

They work really well I feel and well worth buying them. They are arranged so that the additional part covers your knuckles so that you, obviously, don't need a strap to make them reasonably secure. Very easy to get your hands in and out of quickly without the faff of pulling the leash on and off for conventional poles.

Whether you could leave them on your hands while using a tissue, I'm not sure.

They don't need anything special to attach them to gloves etc and very easy to use. It's a yes from me Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been using a pair (not Scott) for years. There are other manufacturers (e.g. Komperdell). Nowadays, if in a dome using their poles I do not bother using the straps. Only disadvantage, sometimes when poleing, the pole can get stuck and you leave it behind. It is annoying having to trudge back for it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the feedback - think I will go for them.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HUGE believer in strapless pole grips. Evangelist, almost. Do it, you'll love 'em.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Use Leki strapless poles - was recommended for safety while tree skiing. Saves time and avoids putting hands into frozen rigid straps. Yes occasionally the pole gets left behind when poling.

Would not advise blowing your nose unless you want to blind yourself. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I remove the straps whenever I buy a set of poles: reduces the risk of hand/shoulder injuries whilst tree skiing is the main thing. Being able to bin them quickly if caught in a slide is a secondary aim...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Why stop at strapless ski poles? Why not try a backless fartbag, bottomless ski boots, or a crotchless bobble hat!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy