Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2-5 Jan - too many options!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Been a while...

I have the opportunity for a 3 night break at the end of next week. Flights look ok to either Geneva, Zurich or Munich from where I can get a car.

This has given me too many options and also confused by the weather! I want somewhere new (so not Ischgl, St Anton, Morzine, Klosters, Crans Montana), max 2hr drive but somewhere where the snow will hold up from now until I get there... Would like to ski back into resort and have snow under foot. Old fashioned!

Thinking that Geneva and the resorts near by will be suffering in the sun this week? Northern Austrian resorts round Kitz an option? Maybe something Swiss like the Wengen area?

Hard to tell from webcams and the snow reports on Snowheads what conditions are like and, more importantly, what they may be like in a week.

Welcome some input...!

Thanks Smile
BB
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Crans Montana by train straight out of the airport is a good option, avoiding car rental. Scenic and relaxing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Verbier.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Crans - went last new year. Got slushy due to sun.

Verbier - would like to if I can find digs. Transfer expensive as hire in Geneva seems to have gone through the roof for those dates
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oops. Misread the post...NOT those places.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
NickYoung wrote:
Oops. Misread the post...NOT those places.

Wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Badbobby, if you are sensitive to the amount of resort level snow then the eastern Tirol / Salzburgerland is probably not ideal at the moment. Despite the nice webcam images the snow at village level is thin and will probably get a lot thinner if the weather is mild. I would go higher, St Anton but might be too busy, Verbier sounds good too. You can get the train to both places easily from the airport. Wengen also works well with the train from either Geneva or Zürich as does Zermatt, Andermatt and Davos (Zürich)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@munich_irish, many thanks re easy Tyrol.

We’ll get the hire car for maximum speed but will therefore look at the options in Switzerland.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Badbobby, Arosa is a great resort. Easy from ZCH.

Not sure of current conditions...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK..so just returned from Saas Fee today...piles of snow plus falling temperatures in the last couple days. Pick a resort in Valais..Crans, Saas, Vernier, Zermatt you should be fine. Crans has a short transfer up from the valley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@rnick, perfect. Thanks!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just to close this out, I didn’t end up going. Was looking round grindelwald but runs to resorts were closed. Car hire to Verbier was too dear once flights also factored in. Has stiffened my resolve to go to Verbier from the get go next year... happy new year!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy