Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I don't get the EOSB thingey

Poster: A snowHead
DB wrote:
... cause I'm dead excited

The last person who told me that was Frankenstein when he met the little girl.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DB, I hope I win 2nd prize.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wish I could go. I think I would be a little nervous about meeting so many snowHead , but good nervous, not bad nervous ( unless Ray Zorro was going - I owe him something NehNeh )

I can't come because ;

i) Mrs T and I have our 2nd Timbercub on the way.
ii) I can't get the time off work
iii) it would be my second solo trip of the year. ( taking the mick really )

So it just remains to wish all you Bashers a great time, and I look forward to trolling around here when it's dead quiet. I might even have to start an argument with one of my many other pseudonyms Blush
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timberwolf, This evolving into 'why I can't go to the Eosb best excuse thread',
Maybe we should start a prize draw for the best excuse Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
DB, I hope I win 2nd prize.

Best of luck to you although I've just had a PM from PG confirming that second prize will be two weeks in Milton Keynes with a Black and Decker workmate. wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Timberwolf, Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So, will I also enter all the conversations at the EOSB when they've been going for ages ?! ('cos that's what happens here - I can't keep up, I really can't) wink

Anyway, of course it's a bit bizzare. Let's face it, we won't *all* get on totally, but hopefully as we'll all be on our holli-bobs we'll be a bit easier going and not get as uptight about it. Then there's the thing that's been mentioned before about the answer to the question "So who are you going skiing with ??" Hmmm... Shocked Very Happy

I look at it like this - I've been away on me own a few times and I'm going to the EOSB. Absolute worst case: I have a weeks skiing holday doing my own thing, with a bit of company. Highly unlikely to be like that, but that's a bad as it can be (general travel-related disasters apart!)

Cathy Coins, I've done three and a bit weeks, still fall over standing still, and often look like a bad advert for skiing - If I can be the source of some amusement during the week, happy to oblige Very Happy

Frosty the Snowman, In answer your 'refund' comment, I wasn't all that concerned *until* this thread! snowHead

Bring it on! (And I make a fantastic cup of tea)

Jerry-the-low-poster.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DB, Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Abominable snowHead, these threads are always bifurcating.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
for some strange reason I thought people were talking about speakers un stuff

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 12-04-06 11:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In fact I've bifurcated this thread just now, to keep it on topic. The other thread will be moved to the Apres zone. Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DB, I understand that Tony Benn is an excellent speaker!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GrahamN, and he isn't going to the eosb so we're back on topic again, nicely done.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GrahamN, would you bi-wire him or not?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Reasons for going to the EoSB? Mr HH & I were planning an April holiday, it had to be the last week in April, it had to be somewhere high with at least a passing chance of snow, the EoSB was announced for Val T the last week in April, we're coming!

Actually, I'm looking forward to it....having been one of the first few snowHeads to meet in the flesh at The Snowdrop where I first met Michelle and David Goldsmith and both turned out not to be axe murderers (although I had my doubts). Followed up by meeting a fair few others at Milton Keynes and various other places, I'm looking forward to meeting lots more. All those I've met so far have been good fun!
snow report
homphomp,

I have met Michelle and I have my doubts wink
snow conditions
johnboy wrote:
homphomp,

I have met Michelle and I have my doubts wink

I would never say that. (doesn't mean it isn't true, just that I wouldn't say it)
latest report
My biggest fear regarding the eosb is that 60 seperate threads will start when the attendees return all promising the true stories!

Maybe admin and the mods should start a closed zone so the rest of us dont have to suffer Going green
snow report
boredsurfin, but the truth will always be out there...
snow conditions
Oh, yeah, and standard tour rules apply - what goes on in the tub, stays in the tub.
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
boredsurfin, but the truth will always be out there...

are you trying to start that truth thread again Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
I don't know any snowHead 's apart from Easiski (met her last week) and Blytht (met on skiing hol in Soll pre Xmas) and I am a low poster (only found snowHead 's a couple of months ago).. However...

I would love to be going on this EoSB because..

Although not the most confident of skiers I enjoy everything about skiing (especially the apres..) but do not have any friends in my social circle who actually ski or even want to try! Most of my friends prefer to go to the beach! I usually go skiing with my husband and son who are way too advanced for me and get bored waiting..

For me it would be about finding someone maybe of similar experience (as I did on my recent trip to L2A during my lessons with Easiski) to ski with and having a laugh with a group of like minded people.. making one or two new pals on the way!

Can't go to this one as have too many other commitments but hoping to go to the PSB and definitely up for this one next year!! Very Happy
snow conditions
I wish I'd never asked wink
ski holidays
johnboy, I wish you hadn't either, one thread about the eosb is enough Sad . . . but 2 is just killing me - I would love to go, it would be an adventure and lots of laughs - Oh well, maybe next year or PSB Sad
ski holidays
2 Puzzled I see 5 snowHead
snow report
eng_ch wrote:
easiski wrote:
Yes - the thread's called PSB/Mondial dates 2006 or some such - in Snow events!! Laughing

I saw that, easiski, but wasn't entirely clear on the dates - is it the first w/e in Nov?

The Mondial du Snowboard and the Mondial de Ski are separate events on different weekends (last in Oct and first in Nov), but the resort is open for 10 days over the whole period and mentioned in the first post of the thread. Therefore, you are not limited to Mondial dates (but that's when the testing is). Hope this is now even muddier!!! Laughing
latest report
Although I would love to attend I must admit I stopped and thought about what it would really be like to meet people with real names and real voices who I have been "acquainted" with for quite a while but don't actually know (except for Roger C who I met in Italy earlier this year and had a hoot albeit on s*** snow). A part of me finds it very exciting to go out on a social limb but another part of me says " what if I dont like ANY one or NO one likes me?"

Notwithstanding this, I quite like the idea of an out of season Snowhead- sanctioned bash. It could be at the Icedome or even just a boozer...quiz night?...event for charity...whatever...but then it becomes a matter of location I suppose.

Either way, I'd find that interesting.

Anyway, have a good one to those that attend, and good for you scoring another week sliding.
latest report
Quote:

To all the sceptics out there, the rest of them may be a bunch of wierdos, but I am definitely normal.

Kramer, - increase your medication Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BernardC, I'm already at maximum dose. Very Happy Next stop the happy tablet academy. wink
snow report
easiski, I just wondered whether actual PSB dates had been set yet? Or am I going native...? Laughing
snow report
eng_ch, Oh, I see... well - no, but they were never set last year either. Most peeps came over on Thurs and skied Fri Sat and Sun, some came on Weds and some stayed until Mon... It's not a really "organised" thing. You can come whenever you like, stay as long as you like & I'll organise the accommodation etc. If enough peeps come at the same time I can organise transfers and so on. After the EOSB I'll start getting some prices, and then it's just up to whoever wants to come to say they're coming and then just turn up, more or less. I've already told Cathy that we'll take the whole hotel BTW!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
eng_ch, Oh, I see... well - no, but they were never set last year either. Most peeps came over on Thurs and skied Fri Sat and Sun, some came on Weds and some stayed until Mon... It's not a really "organised" thing. You can come whenever you like, stay as long as you like & I'll organise the accommodation etc. If enough peeps come at the same time I can organise transfers and so on. After the EoSB I'll start getting some prices, and then it's just up to whoever wants to come to say they're coming and then just turn up, more or less. I've already told Cathy that we'll take the whole hotel BTW!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ahaaaaaaaa!!!! Right, I'll have to start silver-plating my tongue then Very Happy
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Oh, yeah, and standard tour rules apply - what goes on in the tub, stays in the tub.

How long are you staying in the tub then?
latest report
i am not going to EOSB but it is a great way of making new friends as far as I am concerned.

I have not been on many of the summer meet ups but I did enjoy meeting the people when I did, and of course you get to put faces to the pseudos on screen.

Problem is I tend to forget those faces with names/pseudos rather quickly Embarassed
ski holidays
I'm not going either - on the grounds that I would have had to quit my job and leave my husband.

(It was a very close thing, though Laughing )
snow report
maggi, poor guy, does he realise how close he was to frredom? Laughing
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, Shocked Shocked Shocked Toofy Grin
snow report
maggi, Laughing
snow report
johnboy,
Hi Jon - I took the plunge for the Alp D'Huez trip in Jan not knowing anyone and had the time of my life - am going on the EOSB in April. There is always someone to hang out with - you don't have to be best buddies with everyone - the numbers are such that even you might find someone you like!!! LOL
Caroline
latest report
Is there a record for bumping a thread? 5 years for goodness' sake!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy