Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I don't get the EOSB thingey

Poster: A snowHead
I wish all my ski holidays were like last years EOSB. Probably one one the best weeks skiing I had. In lots of ways it was better than going away with friends or family. I met lots of people who I would happily go skiing with again. I learnt a lot about lots of things not just skiing. I just wish I could go this year again. Just don't focus on the fact that you have never met these mad strangers off the internet, make some friends and have fun.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kramer, I defintely fall into the wierdo bracket !
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Paul Mason, you're nowhere near the worst though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where The Frock's At is in training for the ski race
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kramer, have you met the legendary Lord Whitenoise yet? wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Weirdos
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnboy, Excellent thread by the way.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
REFUND!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We would go to the EOSB if we had not been out most of the season anyway, and completely run out of money, and I have a big meeting I can't miss. Years ago we went to a week's holiday organised in the Isle of Wight with people who have, or used to have till they got something better, the same kind of sailing boat as us. We had a great week, all totally new people, completely different except for the one enthusiasm which united them and which they were keen to share with people who knew very little (i.e us). Some became good friends (who have been ski-ing with us several times since) and all were worth meeting. Most activity holidays involve doing something with people you don't know (I am the only non French person in a ski class this week...). I've spent a week in a yacht with people I didn't know, around the west coast of Scotland in a week of gales, supposedly learning to navigate etc. We certainly knew each other by the end.... I don't understand how people make new friends, or meet new kinds of people, if they never do anything with people they don't know. I'm sure the EOSB will be great, and I will read the reports with interest.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
FenlandSkier wrote:
Kramer, have you met the legendary Lord Whitenoise yet? wink

FenlandSkier and you didn't have to sleep within wall shuddering distance of him or Pete Horn (where is Pete, btw??) either Laughing
(sung to the tune of Superman Laughing )
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Michelle wrote:

Whatever could you mean Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FenlandSkier wrote:
For cups of tea surely that's the job of the first one up each morning.

Linds : where-are-ya? Laughing Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cathy Coins, I will be a second-weeker - and I know I'm not the only one going in that particular boat. (A boat to the mountain? Hmmm.) So if the other snowHeads are going to have a laugh, it'll be at me. And I don't care!

johnboy, what I get out of it is a week on the side of a mountain with planks strapped to my feet. I enjoyed it so much the first time - when I went with friends and family last year - that I wanted to do it again and was hugely disappointed when matters meant I had to cancel the family holiday (would have been in La Plagne now Sad) So when the chance came up to have a week's break my first thought was for snow - and the second was for snowHeads, as a group of like-minded people, even though I hadn't posted in about ten months...

It's an adventure!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My excuse for not going is that it's my daughter 5th birthday on the 27th and her party on the 23rd. Boo hoo, nut I've got to be there. Anyway had 2 weeks already this year .. so good luck to you all and having skiied with some strange people in my days I'm sure the snowheads won't be any stranger!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FenlandSkier wrote:
Michelle wrote:

Whatever could you mean Shocked

Embarassed Embarassed Laughing Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
Whats the problem...??? you like who you like and its just another first time meet. Its not as though we have to find things to talk about...WE'RE SKIING...!!
latest report
johnboy,

I'm amazed you can't see the benefit, imagine 30 people all standing at the bottom of a slope, debating for hours about what ski/wax/pole/glove/jacket etc to use.

Then repeat for each run/lift/beer/bar/lunch stop and you have a fascinating week in prospect!

Regards,

Greg

(tongue firmly in cheek!)
ski holidays
Quote:

30 people all standing at the bottom of a slope, debating for hours about what ski/wax/pole/glove/jacket etc to use.

gregh, Shouldn't that read ""anorak" Rather than "jacket". I'm a boring skier, but not a ski bore
latest report
I'd love to come - and annoyingly I actually have both the time and the money! - but I'm not allowed to go skiing for a full week without Mr Eng Sad The occasional day I can get away with, but certainly not a week. Mind you, it's swings and roundabouts - I'd be pretty peed off if he boogered off skiing without me for a week, it's hardly fair to do it to him. But waaaahhhhhH!
ski holidays
eng_ch, go on - are you sure that you can't persude him that it would do you good to go Laughing Laughing
latest report
No, I'd rather pick a battle I have a chance of winning Smile Currently working on maybe some summer skiing, and def some v early season stuff (Nov/Dec), maybe even PSB? (have the dates been set for that btw?) Then if we can get another few days in here before the end of the month, at least the waiting and anticipation time will be reduced.
snow conditions
I'd love to come, but I can't get the leave approved either Sad

I think it would be great to put faces to names. As Cathy Coins said, it may be like a book being made into a film, but I bet that the cast turns out to be a right shady bunch of extras rather than the good-looking stars that are in my imagination.
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, if Frosty the Snowman doesn't have a stove-pipe hat and coal-buttoned coat, I'm going to be very upset... Sad
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, you haven't met Linds and I then, have you? Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
I'm a low poster and am quite shy. I decided to go last year because I'd been made to feel very welcome on here, I'd just discovered skiing but didn't know many people, and thought it would be a really nice way to spend a week in the mountains. I have to say I did have to pluck up the courage to ask if I could come along, but I'm really glad I did. As it turned out, the really nice virtual people were also really nice real people...

Looking forward to this year even more than last time...fenlandskier, give me the car keys, there's a good lad snowHead
latest report
Michelle wrote:
Ray Zorro, you haven't met Linds and I then, have you? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Exactly - and (please don't correct me if I'm wrong) but I imagine you to be a Courtney Cox lookalike and Linds more like Lisa Kudrow (I'm on a Friends theme at the moment) wink
ski holidays
My hair's a little longer and I'm quite a lot younger, but otherwise....

(shut it, Foxy Twisted Evil )

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 11-04-06 19:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Michelle, See, I'm quite perceptive really wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ray Zorro, You will be missed, especially during sunday morning prayers wink
EDIT Now if you had saved up all these one dayers....
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, awww, just say one extra for me Laughing
snow report
TallTone wrote:
Cathy Coins, I will be a second-weeker - and I know I'm not the only one going in that particular boat. (A boat to the mountain? Hmmm.) So if the other snowHeads are going to have a laugh, it'll be at me. And I don't care!

Ah you see, as a 2-weeker you have every excuse - as a 12-weeker my excuses are running out.... Very Happy

But it does sound as if you're all going to have so much fun. This time of year however will always be impossible for me in my current job (I really was daft to take on a new job where its quite quiet during the summer, busy all winter and crucial period March/April rolling eyes )

With regard to the making friends bit, we've met some of the nicest people whilst skiing & made good friends with them to the point of arranging the next year's hols with them. It's not the meeting of new people more the enforced group thing. But I know if I were ever to go I'd have a great time - I'm not really antisocial wink

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 11-04-06 19:47; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
eng_ch wrote:
No, I'd rather pick a battle I have a chance of winning Smile Currently working on maybe some summer skiing, and def some v early season stuff (Nov/Dec), maybe even PSB? (have the dates been set for that btw?) Then if we can get another few days in here before the end of the month, at least the waiting and anticipation time will be reduced.
Yes - the thread's called PSB/Mondial dates 2006 or some such - in Snow events!! Laughing

Well I've met lots of snowheads nbow - possibly more than many others since a goodly number have come to LDA and have had a quick drink or whatever... I have to say that to date I have never met one that made me think "I never want to meet that person again in my life" - so it must be good - meeting new people is a great passtime! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Ianhappy wrote:
I'm a low poster and am quite shy. I decided to go last year because I'd been made to feel very welcome on here, I'd just discovered skiing but didn't know many people, and thought it would be a really nice way to spend a week in the mountains. I have to say I did have to pluck up the courage to ask if I could come along, but I'm really glad I did. As it turned out, the really nice virtual people were also really nice real people...

Looking forward to this year even more than last time...fenlandskier, give me the car keys, there's a good lad snowHead

Yes - it was a great week - looking forward to skiing with you all again. Ian - I reckon fls should have the keys in an alloy briefcase handcuffed to his left hand like in a spy film.
snow report
easiski wrote:
Yes - the thread's called PSB/Mondial dates 2006 or some such - in Snow events!! Laughing

I saw that, easiski, but wasn't entirely clear on the dates - is it the first w/e in Nov?
snow conditions
Paul Mason wrote:
Nick_C, you only need to worry about SCARPA - the rest of us are harmless !

That is terrible, casting aspersions like that. I am leaving the bow at home and social services are employing snowbunny to make sure that I stay in my seat on the coach. That yellow snow WAS lemon, and I wouldn't have killed her if she hadn't of started screaming your honour!!!
snow report
Is it too late to order a can of Mace to control the Scarpa Shocked
latest report
johnboy, what's not to get?

First, it's skiing snowHead
Secondly, it's another ski holiday that we probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for snowHeads.
Thirdly, you make some very good new friends.
Fourthly, the whole thing is a proper craic.
Fifthly, I'm really looking forward to seeing all last year's EOSBers again, and really looking forward to meeting the new ones.
Sixthly, there's a race, and I've got a title to uphold snowHead
ski holidays
RachelQ wrote:
johnboy, what's not to get?

First, it's skiing snowHead
Secondly, it's another ski holiday that we probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for snowHeads.
Thirdly, you make some very good new friends.
Fourthly, the whole thing is a proper craic.
Fifthly, I'm really looking forward to seeing all last year's EOSBers again, and really looking forward to meeting the new ones.
Sixthly, there's a race, and I've got a title to uphold snowHead
Seventhly (?), if you attend the Bash and then enter the prize draw, it seems you're in with a good chance of winning!
ski holidays
johnboy I can't understand why "low posters" should be a suspicious addition to the EOSB Puzzled
After all, when you go on a ski holiday, how many people in your chalet do you normally know.... seems to me that everytime you go on holiday, stay in a hostel, or stand next to someone at the bar, that you are gambling with the fact that they ain't a wierdo! At least this way there is a like minded assumption we all like skiing/boarding.

By the way, Cathy Coins, I'm a fairly new to skiing too, and will certainly not be winning prizes with my moves on the slopes - just out to enjoy the cold wet white stuff.

Ski on. snowHead
snow report
PG,

Is it true that they will be running that Prize draw next year with the following prizes?

First Prize: One week in La Rosiere with Trax.
Second Prize: Two weeks in La Rosiere with Trax
Thrid Prize: A romantic meal for two with a Black & Decker strimmer

...... please say it's true cause I'm dead excited
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy