Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Socks

Poster: A snowHead
I have tried lots of socks & prefer Salomon.
However, it seems I have lost one each from my 2 pairs. So on the lookout for new socks.
What does everyone ride in?

I have tried Burton previously, but they dont stay in place & end up bunching. I got some Horsefeather as well.

Anyone use/tried the brand Stance?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So you’ve still got two socks? How many feet do you have?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DJL wrote:
So you’ve still got two socks? How many feet do you have?

I am a tripod Laughing

I don't like wearing odd socks.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stance rule in our house.

I've also got some nice 32 ones.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
never used stance but highly recommend the PHD ones by Smartwool. They are merino and are excellent, always go for the light/thin ones.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Icebreaker
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Russeh, I’ve got the same Smartwool ones (from Sportpursuit at a good price). Warmer than my Falke ones but similar fit.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another vote for smartwool, phd extra light. Buy them when on sale, great fit and warm too.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got the Smartwool PhD extra light, and agree that they are really nice. You can't go wrong with those. I've also got the Falke SK-5's, and for me they are a bit nicer - they stay up a bit better, they have some strategic padding, and they just look cool. They're all the same price and they last for ages.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Falke

Best socks I’ve used. Just switched from the SK2s to the SK4s.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
are the Falke SK-5's big fitting? I have big feet and its an eternal problem trying to get socks (and shoes) that fit. The Smartwool ones are great but if they did a slightly larger size i would probably go for it. Unfortunately i already have the biggest size they do.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Falke SK Energizing, for me as they are the only socks I've tried that stay up all day, as I have skinny legs and they come in different calf sizes.

They are ridiculously expensive at list price, but can generally be found at 40-50% off.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Teko
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Falke SK4
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Really not that difficult.
ski holidays
Did someone say Socks... I expect X7 will be along soon to put us right snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
CEP compression socks, have proven the best for me.
snow conditions
Wigwam are good. I'll generally buy 2 or 3 pairs at the same time so if I loose a sock I've got sets left over
latest report
@Russeh, my Falke SK-5’s fit perfectly true to size, but I think I have pretty average feet. Falke are right-left specific, so you don’t get any of that annoying extra fabric around the toes. It’s weird to get excited about socks but I really like mine.
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
Falke SK4

+1 the SK4
snow conditions
Ive picked up a pair Falke SB2 (snowboard) & a pair of stance for a total of £25 Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Fish_Head wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:
Falke SK4

+1 the SK4

+another 1 for Falke SK4. Thinner socks are better for performance and warmth (counter intuitively, but they allow better circulation)
snow conditions
Falke's was to thin for me (but really comfortable, so will keep them as winter socks). I have custom liners & there is far to much room.
Still waiting for Stance pair to turn up. At least I have now found one of the missing salomon's. Same socks I used when custom fitting the liners.
snow report
Mr.Egg wrote:
I have custom liners & there is far to much room.

Puzzled
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
I have custom liners & there is far to much room.

Puzzled

when wearing the thin falke socks. My Solomon's are nice & thick - prob about an extra 1/2 size by the time you account for the thickness all around. I have bootdoc liners & I wore the thick socks when molding them. Fit like a glove as long as nothing changes. Laughing
snow report
Icebreaker. They have a lifetime guarantee, so if you don't lose them, you can take your worn out old socks into the retailer and get them swapped for a new set. I've done it, several times Very Happy They also have the whole don't stink too bad merino thing going on. It does take a fair bit of use to wear them out.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy