Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Women's skis - which ones to choose?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I started skiing about 3 years ago, and would call myself an intermediate (Ive done about 5 weeks), and mainly like on-piste skiing on blues and reds (dont like moguls or ice!). I have been skiing on Rossignol Saphir skis, but Im looking to buy some new ones as they are now tired & worn out now since were bought as ex-rental.

I am 5'5" and 8 stone - do 153cm-155cm skis sound ok? I was on 162cm before whcih felt too long for me & not very easy to control considering I was learning on them. I have been looking at K2 women specific skis (i.e Sweet Luv & True Luv) but am not sure which would be better for me. Im not a hugely confident skiier YET, and so want something that is forgiving & easy to get going on again from one season to the next. However, I also want something that I am able to progress on and that doesnt hold me back. What do you suggest?

Thanks
Heather
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HJWatson24, welcome to snowHead
Can't help with the question, though Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
HJWatson24, Welcome to snowHead

The length you are suggesting sounds fine. You could add the Rossignol B2W to your list. As you are quite light in weight you may want to test out skis that are on the shorter side of your range. As your 1st skis were ex-rental once you buy a proper new pair, expect your skills and confidence to improve lots. Please don't buy skis based on Testers' Reports, but use these to shape your shortlist. You need to try them out. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
HJWatson24, welcome to snowHeads!

I have Volkl Supersport Gamma - which are the women's equivalent of the Volkl 4 star. I think they're called something else now though. I found them to be a good intermediate ski that really helped to bring me on. From the sound of your level of skiing you may wish to consider trying these. Your length of ski sounds OK - I'm on 160s but am 5' 61/2" and just over 9 stone.

See if you can try out a few different types of ski on your next hols, or even a ski testing at a snowdome - better than not trying them out at all. There's normally a snowHeads ski test at the snowdomes, during the summer I think?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HJWatson24, Length sounds fine, but always try skis before you buy, and don't limit yourself to women specific skis - there are plenty of others on the market which would also be fine. Oh - and Welcome!! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I just got myself a pair of K2 Tru Luvs....skied on them for a week and absolutely luv'd them! Really helped my turning, even on steep bits, I felt really stable and they look great....! They're in the sale at Snow and Rock now too.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
HJWatson24, Do it next winter, hugely improved quality and choice.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowbunny wrote:
Please don't buy skis based on Testers' Reports, but use these to shape your shortlist. You need to try them out. Very Happy

Half agree: use these to shape your curiosity beyond your shortlist.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
comprex, Hey, I'm flattered, you half agree with me Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Eeek.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh I HAVE to get me that Borg smiley Twisted Evil

If you're looking at specific women's skis, K2 and Head seem to be doing good stuff atm but would second the advice to try before you buy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Do it next winter, hugely improved quality and choice

Could you please expand on that, SMALLZOOKEEPER. What kind of developments are you expecting?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Yes me too . Could you please explain? Everything else that I have read about innovation/new in 2006-7 suggests that there isn't any and women's skis are no exception to that.

Dying to know what you mean when everyone else's advice is consistently to buy last season's skis as there is little change/development.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I can confirm that most of the K2 women-specific skis are unchanged, apart from new graphics.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Should be some 05-06 bargains floating about then. I did hear however that the k2 womens specific range are pretty hard to get in the UK.
ski holidays
Edmundh009, they sold out quickly this year, with good reason, and unless the other brands bring out something a lot closer to the K2 product, I'd expect them to be top sellers next year as well.
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, Nancy? Little Angel
ski holidays
pam w, eEvans, Please refer to GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS thread in Equipment section. Little Angel
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, Nancy? Little Angel
Available this year.
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat, So by NEXT YEAR'S range you mean, 2007/2008? Little Angel
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Nancys were available in February 2006. (last time I checked, that was this year)
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, Pre-series, Nancy is however part of the 2006/07 programme. Little Angel
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, perhaps pre-series, but they were still available!
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, Fish eating worm-boy wins 400m hurdles with Kentucky Fried Chicken Leg Transplant. wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy