Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glacier 3000

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading to Les Diablerets next week, with my 5 year old who has never skied before. The Glacier looks amazing, looking for some advice from anyone who has been. Is there much to do up the top for a beginner? Are any of the blues there very easy? What about the sledging/ glacier bus. Any tips would be great thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've not actually been up to the glacier but I'm pretty certain all the blues up there are very easy and that you can access the glacier without having to ski any reds on the way up or down, watch the forecast wind though. Most of the runs in the main ski area are straightforward as well.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The top is awkward for a beginner. Leaving the cable car it is necessary to undertake a very long schuss in order to get across onto the main "plateau". Obviously a beginner 5 year old will not be able to do this. The result will be a hard walk/skate to get over the hump. If the wind is against this could be very hard work indeed.
From middle station the long run to Rausch station may be good but the final 3-400m is quite steep for a little guy.
Hope it all works out for you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, so I’ll leave the skiing I think! Is it worth going up for the views/ sledging? I’ve never been to a glacier before
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@munchimo, Cons: they are very cold weather can be unpredictable and can be desolate, pick your moment to go and come down if weather starts to turn
Pros Scenery if the weather is right will be visually stunning, but maybe not enough for a 5 year old to appreciate yet.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ummm 3000m is quite high for a novice skier. If you do go for it, make sure his kit is better than yours and don't chance the weather., especially wind chill. To be blunt, it's the kind of height if something goes wrong, the problems multiply rapidly. I've skied 3500 with my kids for several years, but only when they were happy on the reds. At 5 years old they'll likely enjoy sledging / easy slopes more than the views and that love of the sport and mountains is priceless.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy