Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Current revy conditions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got chance to make it out to Revelstoke on monday, anyone out there? Whats the snow like inbounds?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cold....
no realy fresh snow expected. grap a cat ski tour for a day and enjoy.try a bit of dog sledging.

Also Revey is a great 'proper' town with real people, real retail, real dining etc , which are becomming rarer each year.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Bob, real retail, including “BC’s Best Sex Shop 2006”

Don’t get much realer than that!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Agreed its a proper town, rather than a resort, which we like. But really there's not much to the town.

Sufficient to needs which is good. Try Quartermasters for food, if its still there - had just opened when we were last there - great food with reasonable prices.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Agreed its a proper town, rather than a resort, which we like. But really there's not much to the town.

IME most of the "proper" towns of BC don't have much to them. Love BC for the skiing, but would take a big fake village with lots going on (i.e. whistler) over them all. Providing that big village didn't increase lines wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We ate at a number of places when we were there about 3/4 years ago. There was a Taco Truck pulled up outside a bar with an eat in at the bar which was really worth a go. really nice food and quite a good vibe in the bar.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For those that have spent longer than a couple of weeks in Revelstoke how often do the lifts/mountain get closed in bad weather?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've never personally seen the hill actually "closed", but if it rains top to bottom then you probably won't like it much.
That has happened now and then when I've been there, it's one way to tell that it's time to drive somewhere else.

Anywhere and everywhere has variable conditions.
I laugh when people visit somewhere for one week and declare that it "has great snow".
If you've not seen your favourite resort in bad conditions then you haven't been out enough, IMHO.
Consistent snow all the time can be found at Milton Keynes and Hemel Hempstead.

Quartermasters was a life saver last season. Much of the BC interior is a bit of a desert for those who like dessert.

Revelstoke (like all the other small hills) don't have many bad weather alternatives, is all I'd say.

Other entertainments include the local pool, and the ice hall. You can play bowls at The Cabin,
which may still be owned by the local Burton rep. And there's always the folk dancing.

The bright lights of Revvy. Well they have to do something in the long cold dark evenings I suppose.

And a place you probably don't want to stay other than for nostalgic or cost reasons.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@philwig, ok thanks
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quartermasters - like a pukka London east end eatery - a bit trendy, a bit pricy, but good....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@hazzacook20, sounds from replies that u need to eat at the quartermaster , not that that helps much with your question Twisted Evil

seems like most of BC , revy inc is going to be in the grip of a very cold spell next week , revs had loads of snow early season so skiing should be great inbounds but with temps below -20 id be waiting if I had a choice in the matter Blue
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Question's nearly a year old ...... not sure OP's still hanging around for an answer.

Back out in BC in a few days myself, temps have certainly taken a dive, unwelcome but it's not uncommon this time of year.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BCjohnny, Have been watching the forecasts as will be out there next month. Current conditions are good with more on the way Toofy Grin So long as it doesnt warm up too significantly and they keep getting refills. It'll be the roads that are the problem.
Temps down to -20, -30 ish so should be ok Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I’d take the cold AND SNOW any time!

Beats waiting for Whistler to open the alpine section.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy