Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kronplatz Equipment Hire High Prices

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Snowboarding with family and friends in late January in Kronplatz, but equipment rental prices are the most expensive I have ever came across Shocked
Has anyone got any discount codes for local equipment shops in Valdaora/Olang, or any other village alongside Pustertal Ski Express line, tia?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you staying in Olang? Will you have a car? Will you use the ski bus to get to the main lift? Is it more convenient to hire from the town centre (and carry gear on the free ski bus) or to hire from close to the lift (and travel on the bus in "ordinary" clothing) and get changed at the base station?
I think you can hire from the train station at Perca / Percha if travelling by train
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
...staying in Olang, traveling to/from Verona/Venice by trains; will be using Ski Bus to get to Gassl or maybe Pustertal Ski Express to Percha. All rental shops, either in Olang or Percha, are quite expensive, even with Alpinresorts' discount codes, so made a preliminary booking in TOPSKICENTER at Kronplatz peak plateau, but I am not sure, if they will have snowboards and boots for my 9 & 11 years old kids, even though they have such options on their booking system Confused
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think that Topskicenter will be at Kronplatz summit. Nothing wrong with that. From Olang the gondola takes you to the summit and you can do that in "ordinary" clothes and pick up your rental stuff at the top. I think that they have a facility for you to leave your "ordinary" shoes etc there during the day, and leave the rental stuff there each night. Everyone has their own pluses and minuses but for me the big plus would be the closeness of the rental depot to the slopes in case you want to change boots or tweak something during the day. You wouldn't need to take the gondola down to change items and of course once you have changed something, you can try it out right there and change again if it isn't right. For me the big minus would be the need for extra planning if you want a day out in a different resort, but if dependent on public transport, you are maybe unlikely to do that. It is possible of course to plan ahead and take everything down in the gondola the night before, or to go down the piste Reid to the train station at Perca and take the train to Vierschach (3 Zinnen).
The last time we hired equipment in Olang, we were staying at http://www.corones.it/apartments-kronplatz-olang/01-welcome-apartment-valdaora.php and Sport Corones was the closest. I don't think they are big on "Internet" but we got a discount through the accommodation.
Sport Sagmeister is close to the centre as well and they offer a discount through Ski Set.
Overall we have found it easiest to phone them and ask if they do a discount if you book in advance and we never had a problem.
In most recent years though we have tended to stay at Sankt Vigilio and adopted the same approach there without problems.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy