Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Helmets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Gordyjh, in Stantroll’s case there is evidence that he doesn’t hear what other posters are saying.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There were fewer wearing them last week, I put it down to pre-season (just), very few skiers, mostly local. There was little chance of bashing into anyone. Many more wearing them since the weekend.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Orange200, has saved me from a headache on a few occasions when the lift bar has been pulled down too quickly (for me).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Captain Primrose, except that, prior to helmets coming common place, folk did not clout their heads with the lift bar. I certainly did not. Happens from time to time now that I do wear a helmet.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@achilles, not sure there is a causal relationship. Could just be people desperate to get the bar down, or more faffage due to increased use of backpacks...potential for a whole new topic.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
well the helmet does of course make your head bigger, hence the bar more likely to hit it, it is something I've also noticed, never having been hit before getting a helmet.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@endoman, do you wear a pack? That tends to force you forward and increase the likelihood of a head shot.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
only when going off piste, only got hit a couple of times with helmet, then I learned to adjust for the extra size and not been got since. I skied without helmet until 3 years ago, so there's a lot to unlearn.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have never understood the idiotic 'getting hit on the head by the safety bar' issue. You must know it's there, you must now it's coming? If your pack is too big and it perches you too far forwards, well take your pack off and hold it in front of you. Getting hit on the head once by the safety bar but allowing it to happen so much that it justifies the use of a helmet is Darwinism of the highest order.

If you go into a cave with a caving helmet on you will clonk your head many times. Try doing it without a helmet and you won't hit once. Much to do with the increased volume of the head and Kinesiology innit?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pruman wrote:
I have never understood the idiotic 'getting hit on the head by the safety bar' issue.

I know what you're saying...

A far greater risk is clonking the noggin on the door frame as one enters the Gondola. Seems to happen a lot after lunch to our party for whatever reason. Darwin would know I expect.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Pruman, Just asked my dad who worked in the mines all his life, he disagrees with your caving thesis.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy