Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Westendorf: Can you ski from Choralpe from Taklaser?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can ski from Choralpe Hut (top of the 11 Ski Lift) to Taklaser Hut (top of the 111 Ski Lift) in Westendorf?

On the interactive map there is no link between the two:

https://skimap.skiwelt.at/?Lang=en

but on the PDF there is a run shown between the two (run 110 red and 111 blue)

https://www.piste-maps.co.uk/Piste-Maps/Austria/SkiWelt-Piste-Map-2020.pdf

Does anyone know what's possible in real life?

Cheers,

Neil
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@neildaanderson2223332, yes you definitely can - the blue link piste does exist.

Which is fortunate because the only alternative would be to use the black 112, which is very steep.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes there is a track down to Talkaiser. you can normally see it on the web cam on choralp. But not at the moment. I have skiied from Choralp to Talkaiser

Here is a google map

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.4159385,12.2462842,1886m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!7m1!2e1 there is a road there
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@neildaanderson2223332, yes there is a path. Do note that there is no blue piste from Choralm or Talkaser back to Westendorf. Either the steep black direct from the top of the Choralmbahn or the red from Talkaser (it joins the black after the steepest section). The blue to the Choralmbahn appears to go off in the wrong direction towards the Fleiding chair but it then winds back through the trees. If you are worried about skiing a red you could potentially get off at the mid station of the Choralmbahn and walk (it is fairly flat though a bit uphill) back to the blue piste though that would be pretty dull.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for all the info! I'm up for trying the red 110 from Alpenrosen to Westendorf it's just the black 112 from Choralpe was scaring the poo-poo out of me! Thanks for all the advice in the thread - I'm delighted I stumbled across this forum!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy