Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good quality frozen meals in ski areas

Poster: A snowHead
A nosey on the family bash thread just informed me of the existence of Huski meals in the French Alps. I'd not heard of them before, but am familiar with the British version Cook, who were very useful when we returned home too tired to cook a proper meal, usually after travelling.

Due to limited options for takeaways, and much shorter opening hours at supermarkets than in the UK, something similar would be really useful in Austria. If they deliver to Austria, that's fine too, but I don't know of anything like that.

Has anyone else come across a similar offering? It would be useful to know about other regions/countries too.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Too posh for MSG-free* Maggi noodles, eh? wink

(* although Maggi's beloved hubby might disagree Madeye-Smiley )
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Even small French resorts might have a "traiteur" selling ready-prepared meals - generally high quality. Not super cheap, but cheaper than going out. I have no idea whether similar places exist in Austria.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There was a service in Serre Che that delivered pre-cooked packaged meals for the week in advance. I think it is now just a catered chalet service though, I'm not too sure. We used to advertise it to guests, and it was a reasonable price. Prices on their website now look a little steep. There's a good butcher in the village selling meals and a couple of restaurants for take away food (not just pizza).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Scarlet, You got a business idea going there?

Don't actual Austrians just compromise and buy frozen schnitzels/Vienettas down the Lidl?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dave of the Marmottes, I didn't really intend to, and it wouldn't really be viable for me here due to local bureaucracy. A little more variety would be nice, tbh.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

There's a good butcher in the village selling meals

Our butcher (fantastic but pretty expensive) in Les Saisies sold meals, too - and very nice they looked too, though I never bought any. When you're there for weeks cooking is no hardship.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I gave a hitch-hiker a lift up from Notre Dame de Bellecombe one night. Turned out he was the son of the woman who managed and had established the butchers. He was gratified when I told him how good I thought it was - and as for the prices, he made the usual excuse about only being open for part of the year. Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Even small French resorts might have a "traiteur" selling ready-prepared meals - generally high quality. Not super cheap, but cheaper than going out. I have no idea whether similar places exist in Austria.

We find those pretty good in most of the French villages we've stayed, as long as the accommodation has a half decent oven to heat it properly.

I stopped to pick up a hitcher carrying a board up to Morillon, got out put board in back of car and he went to get in the driver's side! At which point I thought he was about to nick the car, then we both realised that it's because the steering wheel is on the "wrong " side Very Happy made us both laugh anyway.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, we've only used ours once when we'd arrived later than planned, and were lucky to catch him still open. No time to shop on journey due to delays so we just grabbed moussaka for two before he shut up shop.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Scarlet, a few friends here use Marley Spoon so that's clearly available in Austria.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarlet wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, I didn't really intend to, and it wouldn't really be viable for me here due to local bureaucracy. A little more variety would be nice, tbh.

Have you tried Lieferservice.at or mjam.at - though you might be too far out from the city?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@queenie pretty please, interesting, but that’s more of a fresh ingredient recipe box delivery that you cook yourself – might be a bit awkward to sort out if you’re on holiday, for example. Hello Fresh is similar, I think.

@clarky999, FFS it’s less than three miles! But no, never heard of them and I did have to hack my address to make it work! Limited options out here in the sticks rolling eyes and more like Just Eat I guess. Limited to their opening hours, too, but useful to know.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi all. This thread started with a question on Austria. We hope to get there one day. Maybe next winter. We will keep you posted. However, for the moment we only deliver in France. Razz
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
wow €30 per day
I think I would rather eat out instead & not even after wash up afterwards.
ski holidays
Huski wrote:
Hi all. This thread started with a question on Austria. We hope to get there one day. Maybe next winter. We will keep you posted. However, for the moment we only deliver in France. Razz
do you have a website?
snow conditions
I’ve just spent the evening making ours! They’re in the freezer now.

We have a good cool box that can live on the balcony until we’re ready for them. Smile
snow report
Most French resorts will have at least one "traiteur" selling freshly cooked things. More expensive than making them yourself but a lot cheaper than going out to a restaurant, especially with the booze at supermarket prices.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy