Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Klosters pistes 49 & 10 - info please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A couple of questions on runs I'm not that familiar with. Going back down into Klosters from Parsenn, I normally take run 21 which ends up at the bridge by the cable car station. Was wondering about red 49 which goes from the bottom of the Schwarzeealp chair and finishes in town near Selfranga. If you take that, how do you get back to the centre of town? Do you need to get a bus or is there a ski track?
Also, what's black 10 like coming off Madrisa. Why is it black and how difficult?
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@DCG, A while since I've skied it but 10 is pretty straight forward my guess is that going fairly low the snow can get a bit iffy on it but the terrain is no worse than many reds.
Not skied 49 I'm afraid.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@T Bar, Thanks. I was wondering whether it was one of those long narrow forest paths that can be a real pain with long skis
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Again been ages since I skied 10 but it was straightforward. 49 I ended up walking through town to get back, however it was very snowy so I think I skied past the bus stop before realising!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't find an online piste map with the numbers on it, and with Christmas visitors in the spare bedroom can't go rummaging around to see if we have an old paper one somewhere.

But as I recall, there was only one red off Parsenn going right into the town, by the cable car and railway station. There is a rather isolated but beautiful track through the trees that comes out in a suburban area near a local nursery run, needing a bus to the centre. But it is not pisted, so the snow can need care. There are also a couple of reds arriving further along the valley, one in a village with a bus service and the very long one to Kublis needing a train ride back.

The black off Madrisa (as far as I know there is only one) is actually mostly no more than a blue, it just has one short steep and narrow bit. Most of it is a glorious cruise, and frustratingly there are also some sections needing poling. There is a nice restaurant stop half way down but it gets very crowded. To take the route you need to watch out for the left fork off the main red above, it isn't that obvious if no one else is turning that way at the time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
j b wrote:
There is a rather isolated but beautiful track through the trees that comes out in a suburban area near a local nursery run, needing a bus to the centre. But it is not pisted, so the snow can need care.

Thanks. This is the one I was asking about. That confirms my suspicion that a bus is needed.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@j b, Thanks for the points about the Madrisa black. Will watch out for that. Pity about the polling!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@wam15, Thanks for the reply. If there’s so much snow you can’t see the bus stop then I guess that’s not a bad thing!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've a feeling the buses from there weren't massively frequent, but you can get hold of a timetable in advance. Like other Swiss resorts, possession of a ski pass gives you free bus and train transport, and they are very reliable.

I can see you might be a bit cautious about the run if your skis are particularly long. It is not much wider than a footpath in places, and when we went even though it was near midday there had only been a handful of people ahead of us through the fresh ovenight snow. But it was very enjoyable if only for the feeling of adventure.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy