Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Make Up. Yes or No?

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

six layers of primer, two pack paint and lacquer is tremendous for a Ford mondeo

Laughing Now back from my party, I did get a lift, need to walk back to get car tomorrow. At the end, a few of us left, bloke a few years older than me, grew up in Wandsworth, didn't have electricity in his house till he was 12. Puts things into perspective. Only one woman was wearing conspicuous amounts of make up. And purple hair. But Roisin has always been a law unto herself.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pam w, sounds a good party.

Good to hear somebody keeping that Confident in All Situations make up style going.
snowHead

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In the 80's I used to go for the coloured zinc stuff like this fashionista:
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sometimes I do, sometimes I dont. Same with running. I often wear a bit on a race day, as I know there will be cameras, so tinted SPF BB cream (factor 20 at least) and waterproof mascara. Plus lip balm.

Seriously though why does anyone care what anyone else has on their face, and why is it almost a competition to be one of those who doesn't wear makeup skiing as if that makes you a real skier. As I said I wear makeup when I run races, does that mean Im not a real runner? Im still running a bloody marathon or whatever Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It depends on my mood, and if I am up early enough to put some on before the lifts open. In general though due to googles and a muff up to my nose, it tends to be fairly minimal , I can't see how a thread got going on this though, if someone wants to wear make up then it's up to them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lucywuk wrote:
Sometimes I do, sometimes I dont. Same with running. I often wear a bit on a race day, as I know there will be cameras, so tinted SPF BB cream (factor 20 at least) and waterproof mascara. Plus lip balm.

Seriously though why does anyone care what anyone else has on their face, and why is it almost a competition to be one of those who doesn't wear makeup skiing as if that makes you a real skier. As I said I wear makeup when I run races, does that mean Im not a real runner? Im still running a bloody marathon or whatever Very Happy

Well said!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I use Heliocare SPF50 daily (with a slight tint), no matter where I am in the world. It is non-comedogenic, paraben free but contains active mineral ingredients and filters UVA and UVB. I lived in Asia and can tell you that if I had not got into the habit of SPF50 every single day then I'd have a lot of damage now. Add in a bit of mascara and coloured lip gloss and I am ready for any sport, skiiing,netball and running. I wonder if full make-up on professional sportswomen means they might get better sponsorship deals?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Make up, yes.

Lipstick and lashes, no.

I pretty much wear a basic layer every day. Foundation, mascara and blusher. I save the war paint for big nights out though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I wonder if full make-up on professional sportswomen means they might get better sponsorship deals?

Most probably. Plus the pics on the podiums, tv interviews n insta. Wasn't like that a few years ago.

Quote:
...every day. Foundation, mascara and blusher...

Why?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@AL9000, why not?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@holidayloverxx, Wasting precious breakfast time.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AL9000 wrote:

Not if she is multitasking. By making someone else make breakfast! Very Happy

(Personal experience over many years.)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AL9000 wrote:

It takes 2 minutes. Why is it wasting any time at all?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AL9000 wrote:
Quote:

I wonder if full make-up on professional sportswomen means they might get better sponsorship deals?

Most probably. Plus the pics on the podiums, tv interviews n insta. Wasn't like that a few years ago.

Quote:
...every day. Foundation, mascara and blusher...

Why?

Apparently you haven't seen what too much sun does to a person's complexion.

Out here, all the gals wear makeup. And the hairstyle is long and braided. Especially the girls on the High school ski race teams. And so do the older gals. You never know who you might run into on the slopes...Could be your future spouse, or just someone to ski with! Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It takes 2 mins and makes me feel better about myself!
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
AL9000 wrote:

It takes 2 minutes. Why is it wasting any time at all?

That's 2 valuable minutes of eating time Very Happy
snow conditions
@SnoodlesMcFlude, depends where you put the value proposition
snow conditions
v1cky24 wrote:
It takes 2 mins and makes me feel better about myself!

Female L&M Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Quote:

That's 2 valuable minutes of eating time

Most people would benefit by spending a lot less time eating!
snow report
Its all about making people buy what you sell. (even if they do not need it) Shocked
ski holidays
@Hyst, Well, some of us think we do "need it" NehNeh
ski holidays
@pam w,
Quote:

Another glass and I shan't give a sh !t

Wise words Pam, Wise words.

A lot of people could do well to heed them in a variety of situations. I may well need to amend my signature. Probably the best piece of internet advice ever.
latest report
For what it's worth, I've just asked my 15yo daughter if she plans to wear make-up whilst we're skiing.

"No, that's like effort"
snow conditions
Bella figura.

Good to see chix looking after themselves.
snow conditions
Make up sales... down due to lockdown or up due to Zooming?
ski holidays
Gosh... as a father to a teenage daughter, I could say so much on the subject! She used to have lovely English-rose skin, but at age 12, starting applying make-up (it caused a row at the time!). She believes all the ads, ie that it's good for her complexion etc, but I can't see how putting anything on your skin, all day and every day, can be good for it, as it stops it from naturally breathing..? When I now rarely see her without make-up, her once-lovely smooth pale skin is now pink and blotchy, so she puts even more products on, to try to reverse that... so sad!

And while ski-ing, it means she has to get up half-an-hour, or more, before the rest of us, to put it on... and, as pointed out above, on a couple of occasions has burnt her skin in the sun. Again, so sad...

Ditto with her hair by the way, and the need to constantly dye it - which makes it look far worse and in poorer condition, than it was originally, imho...

I, and I think prob most men, much prefer women who don't wear make-up, or very little, at most. I find heavy make-up, esp that trendy orange look, with "enhanced" eyebrows etc, looks awful, and don't really understand why girls and women do it - victims of marketing, maybe? Anyway, that's my two-penny worth on the subject!
snow report
@BobinCH, Down due to lockdown and facemasks. Tech investments will make you look way better on a video call than make-up can, though I guess you might then use a little more if you're not filming with a potato. Lipstick was always a “recession busting” product, cheap enough for many to buy but still helps you feel a bit better. Not anymore. No point even wearing lipstick if nobody will see it.
snow report
Here you go @Scarlet, get yourself a few variants of these...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Richard_Sideways, Laughing
snow report
I don't think I've ever noticed one way or the other. However, the duck-face look. Euck!!!

Same for guys with calamari ears.
snow report
BobinCH wrote:
Make up sales... down due to lockdown or up due to Zooming?

Zoom has an excellent anti-aging or blemish filter so no make up required. However switch to teams and I now wear makeup I never wore before because I now see my own face in HD every day. Not that the make up makes a huge difference Laughing
ski holidays
Why do women wear makeup?

Really.

Never understood why women feel the need to put paint on their faces before walking out the door.

*You are putting pigments on your face.*

Seems a bizarre thing to feel you need to do.

Imagine if men wouldn't walk out the door without painting various parts of their faces different colours - you'd think they were insane.
latest report
@marodo2712, +1
ski holidays
I’m really enjoying this thread, and learning stuff. Factor 50 for me, goggles and a buff - everyday. I also sit with my back to the sun for those lovely coffee stops that I miss so much. At 65 I don’t feel the need to hide the (many) lines and wrinkles on my face - they tell some life stories. However, each to their own non gender specific make up routine.
ski holidays
marodo2712 wrote:
Why do women wear makeup?

Really.

Never understood why women feel the need to put paint on their faces before walking out the door.

*You are putting pigments on your face.*

Seems a bizarre thing to feel you need to do.

Imagine if men wouldn't walk out the door without painting various parts of their faces different colours - you'd think they were insane.

Erm, I have a bit of news for you. Men wear makeup too. There are whole cosmetic lines and brands aimed at men, but where women will admit to wearing it, for men it's often still taboo. All those TikTokers and YouTubers that are on camera all day – covered in makeup. No different to TV.

Men also suffer from skin complaints, and may use makeup to mask this. If you don't “see” the makeup, it means they did a good job wink
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
@pam w,
Quote:

time for the primer to set
Shocked

You can't beat a decent bit of undercoat! wink
snow conditions
@Scarlet,

I used to be a new romantic, latterly Goth in the early eighties, so I'm no stranger to makeup.

I'm not talking about makeup as a fashion statement, I'm talking about the habitual application of makeup by women before they go outside.

Why does the idea of walking out the door without liner and lippy, and a slathering of foundation fill most women with so much fear?

Any partner I've ever had's beauty was diminished by the wearing of makeup. But, no matter how much I would reassure them that natural was beautiful, they wouldn't go without makeup.
ski holidays
Sometimes I want to wear makeup because it makes me feel better. A bit of your favourite lipstick can't half cheer you up. I wear it very infrequently though. I've never been one to have to slap on the full kit to leave the house.
snow report
@marodo2712, Who are these women you've lumped together in one huge amalgamation?! And who cares anyway? Makeup can be a fashion statement, or not, and a lot of the time you wouldn't even know.
Quote:
But, no matter how much I would reassure them that natural was beautiful, they wouldn't go without makeup.

“To create this natural no-makeup look, first take these 27 products...” wink
snow report
@Scarlet,
Quote:

, Who are these women you've lumped together in one huge amalgamation?!

Not only have the people been lumped together, but also the makeup. Personally I don't like anything on my skin except moisturiser (slightly tinted at a pinch, always with an SP factor) but I feel under-dressed if entirely free from eye makeup. Each to her, or his, own.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy