Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tkmaxx ski gear

Poster: A snowHead
Seems to be listed

Anyone looking for an outer shell thats 20k rated then they have some planks Stuff. (As worn by Woodsy)
Bibs are a bargain

https://www.tkmaxx.com/men/activewear/snow+ski/snow+ski-clothing/green+cream-camouflage-bib-ski-trousers/p/31212836

Matching jacket but only small Size
https://www.tkmaxx.com/men/activewear/snow+ski/snow+ski-clothing/green-military-shell-jacket/p/31212792
Both part of the yeti range
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
my lad is delighted, he got a camo jacket a couple of weeks ago for 70 odd quid. It's very good quality , and exceptional at TKMaxx price. Sport Pursuit have also had some Planks stuff, but they have sold out of the bottoms he wants
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you can be bothered to keep a close daily eye on the TKM website from late sept onwards, there are some stunning bargains to be had. Two of my best were Dainese World cup gloves for £19.95 RRP. £165 I bought 3 pairs. POC Lobes goggles for £49.95 RRP. £129. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
looks like our friends at TK Maxx have a load of bargin ski gear....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mr.Egg wrote:
Seems to be listed

Anyone looking for an outer shell thats 20k rated then they have some planks Stuff. (As worn by Woodsy)
Bibs are a bargain

https://www.tkmaxx.com/men/activewear/snow+ski/snow+ski-clothing/green+cream-camouflage-bib-ski-trousers/p/31212836

https://www.tkmaxx.com/men/activewear/snow+ski/snow+ski-clothing/green-military-shell-jacket/p/31212792

Thanks - snapped the bibs - I would rather a black one but this is a bargain for the quality it has.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ooh...just had a look at other offerings and have gone for some Marmot women's ski trousers for £80.
https://www.tkmaxx.com/women/activewear/snow+ski/snow+ski-clothing/sienna-red-refuge-ski-trousers/p/07066279
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers for heads up, just ordered 2 pairs of ski pants, A Helly Hansen pair for £60 with a £170 saving, and the other for £100 saving £160.
will see which one I prefer and send the other one back.

Obviously hoping the HH ones are the winner!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know it's not for everyone but I like tk maxx. I can browse and try on the gear without feeling pressure to buy anything.

Some of the prices aren't that much cheaper, but now and again I find an absolute belter. Last year I got myself a POC receptor bug helmet for £30.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just got a Giro Helmet for the O/H, same brand and size from her previous helmet, so obviously know that it will fit....bargain at £45..
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another thing worth noting, is to ignore TKM's RRPs. There's little or or no effort put into verification, this can go either way. My Dainese gloves (mentioned above) were listed with a RRP of £79.95. After a quick browse on the Googler, I established that the RRP was actually £165.

Having owned similar gloves before, I had an idea of actual cost.

Having kitted 4 kids out with ski gear for nearly 20yrs, I've become a bit of a brand nerd. This helps to identify the occasional nugget in the sea of mostly tutt.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good find! But a pair of gloves to retail for £165? What are they, gold lined? I’ve, and I bet you, have nearly kitted out a whole kid for less.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gustavobs wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
Seems to be listed

Bibs are a bargain

Thanks - snapped the bibs - I would rather a black one but this is a bargain for the quality it has.

There is no warmth to the yeti range - so make sure you have a really warm base layer or 2nd layer. I wear 3/4 length tracksuit bottoms.
Apart from that, they are outstanding. I have 2x pairs depending on my circumference during the ski season. My weight yoyo's & puts me between 2x sizes.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Has anyone ever tried Zanier gloves? TKmax have quite a few for sale. I need a spare pair of gloves.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Awdbugga, don't know about them but I've had Reuche for both cycling and skiing and they're very good quality. Seem to be a few pairs on there. They'd be my go to make, if they were more readily available here.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@adithorp, thanks. I’ll take a look at them as well.
snow report
If anyone has bought the Yeti pants, any idea of the inseam sizes on the small and medium?
The only ref I can find to the range is 33 ins for all sizes.
ski holidays
also on the yeti bib pants, are these just a shell or is there some warmth to them, I want to get a set for my 13 year old but not if he has to wear a base layer under them
latest report
slowboarder wrote:
If anyone has bought the Yeti pants, any idea of the inseam sizes on the small and medium?
The only ref I can find to the range is 33 ins for all sizes.

Let you know once it arrives next week.

Jonny996 wrote:
also on the yeti bib pants, are these just a shell or is there some warmth to them, I want to get a set for my 13 year old but not if he has to wear a base layer under them

They are shell only.
snow conditions
Another stupid question, what would you wear under shell trousers
ski holidays
Just bought a £889 Vist ski jacket for £199. The dogs gonads in posing ski kit!
ski holidays
Jonny996 wrote:

I wear 3/4 tracksuit bottoms, so I got room for my boots

The bottoms have a full side zip as well.
snow report
Awdbugga wrote:
Has anyone ever tried Zanier gloves? TKmax have quite a few for sale. I need a spare pair of gloves.

Yes, genuine high end. Not a well known brand in UK
snow conditions
Jonny996 wrote:

Merino leggings
snow conditions
skimastaaah wrote:
Just bought a £889 Vist ski jacket for £199. The dogs gonads in posing ski kit!

I don't know if this says more about you, or about me...but if you were sat on a lift with me wearing "Vist", I wouldn't give 1, never mind 2 f***s.

What even is it?

Sorry.
ski holidays
Mollerski wrote:
Awdbugga wrote:

That's good to know. Never heard of them, but they looked good...will take the plunge on your recommendation.
ski holidays
Mollerski wrote:
Awdbugga wrote:

Thanks Mollerski That's good to know.
latest report
@NickYoung, That's exactly the point. You haven't a clue!

Vist is probably one of the most under-rated ski manufacturers out there.

Me ? ..… I'd scoff at some to55er in his Dare2Be shizzle sat on the lift behind me!

Certainly it says way more about you, ret4rd!
latest report
Quote:

Me ? ..… I'd scoff at some to55er in his Dare2Be shizzle sat on the lift behind me!

Ah the classic ski gear snobbery. Dare2be offers affordable clothing that is perfectly adequate for most skiers.

Would be interested to know why you rate visit so highly in comparison to other brands.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just had a look at the vist jackets. Although I prefer a nice flannel shirt, or a swanndri if the weather is bad, at that price I could be tempted - would be perfect for the 80’s retro and dress up like an Ozzie tourist days Happy
snow report
I have a combination:

I have a mid weight Dare2b jacket which I have found I turn to far more often than any other.

I have a warm spyder jacket which I really like BUT too much time i am now skiing in Feb and April so it hasn’t been used that much.

I have just bought a Trespass DLX exceedingly light weight jacket for those 20 degree days in April.

For trousers, I bought a soft shell Envy pair from Sports pursuit which again cheap been great but found in mid April still too hot and with no air vents find very sweaty. Just bought a pair of Marmot ones for a very good price from sports pursuit because they are nice light weight and have air vents. If it is colder as said about I put merino base layers underneath cheap ones from aldi.
snow conditions
Jonny996 wrote:

Good post here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=93502&sid=a6859b114184221c8606ffc23686bf1c

I have 2 pairs, a very thin odlo 3/4 length for most conditions; an Icebreaker 200 weight 3/4 for when it’s really cold.
ski holidays
TKMaxx ski wear also includes well over-priced Volcom, Mountain Hardwear, and Peak Performance ski jackets for the same "bargain" price of £199. Plus the usual suspects of the cheapo range.

If you look hard enough and actually know what you are buying there are some real deals. The Vist range is limited but includes half decent but pricey salopettes, and only one decent jacket that I bought and so did 34 others!
snow report
It would be so awesome to see you all on the lift together Happy
ski holidays
boarder2020 wrote:

Would be interested to know why you rate visit so highly in comparison to other brands.

If you've never heard if Vist just do a google search!

Best performance skis I've ever used. Hand made and high end technology. Their race plates and bindings are industry leading!

Their "Ski Chic" ski clothing is admittedly pricey, however, great Italian styling, lovely quality garments, top-end performance kit!

Do some research, ……………… or stick to your Dare 2Be shizzle! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
skimastaaah wrote:
[

Do some research, ……………… or stick to your Dare 2Be shizzle! Toofy Grin

I do agree. It's not difficult to do a 5 min google.
ski holidays
skimastaaah wrote:
@NickYoung, That's exactly the point. You haven't a clue!

Vist is probably one of the most under-rated ski manufacturers out there.

Certainly it says way more about you, ret4rd!

No, with references to to55ers and ret4rds in your defence of your gear snobbery, I'm quite certain it says more about you than it does about me.

You sound so cool and I just wish I could be your friend. (That's sarcasm).
ski holidays
NickYoung wrote:

You sound so cool and I just wish I could be your friend. (That's sarcasm).

I don't give "2 f***s" that you're not!

Now stop being a 4rs3hole, go check out the vist website, recognise that TKMaxx frequently has half decent ski kit, and let this thread get back on-track about the bargains to be had at www.tkmaxx.com, rather than p155ing in the wind about ski gear snobbery.
ski holidays
I did. Saw a pair of gloves I liked.

TKMaxx is fine.

I've never met you, but I can tell you are a lady's front bottom.
latest report
..........…………... "ladies front bottom", ...............…. matches your Dare 2Be shizzle. wink
snow report
Believe me, I wrote something else!

I'd never wear D2B - give me some credit!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy