Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vegan options in Ski Resorts - Please share

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
T Bar wrote:
Gaza wrote:
homphomp wrote:
.. our vegan pretty much lived on chips for lunch

Probably fried in the same oil as the schnitzel. Razz

Matter of interest, is there a problem with this? It's not an allergy thing.

No idea. I'm a committed carnivore whose idea of a good meal is the largest mixed grill on the menu. Laughing

I would guess that some truly committed vegans wouldn't like the thought of their food being cooked in the same oil as meat or other animal derived products. I do often wonder what a vegan would do if they were to get in a car with leather seats. Do they refuse?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Matter of interest, is there a problem with this? Said someone. I think the more radical would object. Certainly one of the ladies I run with would. Good question about the car seats!

I don’t think people would find it very easy in Chatel. Even salads often have bits of bacon, ham or cheese in.

No issue at all with people making choices considered bizarre or extreme by the mainstream but expectation of the mainstream going to great lengths to cater for them is a bit much (Not that the OP was suggesting this at all).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I do often wonder what a vegan would do if they were to get in a car with leather seats. Do they refuse

No, but they wouldn't buy a car with leather seats.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Trouble is if we dont consume animal products then all the bits of nature that rely on animals would die off, from the insects to the small invertebrates to the bigger ones to the mammals and birds
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gaza wrote:

I do often wonder what a vegan would do if they were to get in a car with leather seats. Do they refuse?

Funny you should ask, my other half is vegan and has been for about 10 years. When we first met I had a car with leather seats and out of respect I used to put a blanket on the seat for her. She never point blank refused to use the car but she wasn't happy about it, despite the car predating her Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@robs1, er, no. Nature has done perfectly well without meat eating humans for literally a billion years rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
leggyblonde wrote:
@robs1, er, no. Nature has done perfectly well without meat eating humans for literally a billion years rolling eyes

Humans aren't the only meat eaters but that's not the point, if people dont eat meat then there wont be any herbivores in the countryside and they are the ones that feed the soil and the soil life that feeds the whole food chain right up to us. Climate activists claim that thousands of species are under threat, well remove herbivores and the soil would be in serious trouble, there are claims that the world only has 50 harvests left, that claim is made because of the loss of mixed farming systems that feed the soil bugs
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
leggyblonde wrote:

Humans aren't the only meat eaters but that's not the point, if people dont eat meat then there wont be any herbivores in the countryside and they are the ones that feed the soil and the soil life that feeds the whole food chain right up to us. Climate activists claim that thousands of species are under threat, well remove herbivores and the soil would be in serious trouble, there are claims that the world only has 50 harvests left, that claim is made because of the loss of mixed farming systems that feed the soil bugs
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@robs1, what the actual feck are you talking about?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@under a new name, what I think @robs1 means is that without natural fertiliser from herbivores the soil will become sick and will not grow the crops that a vegetarian/vegan diet depends on. I believe he is correct from my experience of growing up and living in a farming community.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy