Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

KASTLE FX85 KNIFE - the piste

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,
right now I am using my old salomon crossmax 8 pilot skis. I just found good deal for used KASTLE FX85 KNIFE -- do you know if they are ok for the piste riding ? I think that still for the piste riding my Salomon skis might be better, right ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@baszek, Crossmax 8, …. a 2004 ski.

Kastle fx85 knife …… 2016 ski.

Possibly this ski? ….. https://www.snowmagazine.com/ski-gear/955-skis/kaestle-fx85-2016-17

There's a couple on Ebay ……. one 173 looks shot, the other 157 is a ladies' length.

PS...……… welcome to snowheads

PPS.... this thread would be better in Equipment/Reviews
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@skimastaaah, yes this ski https://www.snowmagazine.com/ski-gear/955-skis/kaestle-fx85-2016-17 Happy
I was looking at 157 = ladies length :-0 I am 164cm tall so size should be ok for me Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
157 may be a bit short for you due to rocker
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So I should search for sth like 165cm ? What do you think about this model or ski brand ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought brand new dx85 inc k10 bindings all in for £483 from s and r last week.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oitbc wrote:
I bought brand new dx85 inc k10 bindings all in for £483 from s and r last week.

£483 is to expensive for me know Happy I have found that used fx85 knife 157cm for 100$
I am searching for some good deals on used skis this year wink or maybe I will test some new models - rent etc before buying.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@baszek, the ebay 157 is here …… https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKIS-KASTLE-FX85-KNIFE-157-cm-TOP-SKIS-ROCKER-2016/254428407673?hash=item3b3d1d6779:g:g8AAAOSwCH9d1cP~

Looks fine for the price

(Admin please note that this is not my gear on sale, I'm just linking to show the example that is on ebay.)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
157cm is too short, I would have thought 166cm (ish) would be a better match.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bob wrote:
157cm is too short, I would have thought 166cm (ish) would be a better match.

thx a lot for a advice - I will search for ~166cm. I thought about searching for used Kastle skies (I heard that I would be able to find good deals as Kastle is not so popular and known company), but if you can recommend other model/brand, I will appreciate it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy