Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heated Insole Options - Thoughts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Option 1: Hotronic S4 insoles installed in boot, with battery pack mounted to side strap (not the included back mounted clip, but the optional side mount version). $210

Option 2: Hotronic heated socks, fewer batteries mounted on calf in sock pouch. $250

Option 3: Super cheap wireless heated insoles made in China. $20

Option 4: Boot glove.$30

My toes get super cold when below-zero, and I'm doing a lot of below zero days this season. Anyone have experienced opinions on the options above? Thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@DRS, I don’t know if they are available in the US, but I’ve been using Therm-ic insoles for years.

https://www.therm-ic.com/en/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@DRS, +1 for the Therm-ic insoles which I have had for four years, brilliant.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@DRS, maybe worth to pay a visit to a good boot fitter if you haven’t done so yet. Sometimes improper fitting boots cut blood circulation and contributing to cold feet. Just a thought.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DRS, welcome to snowHead . Direct heat to my feet make them sweat. So for me;
(1) get the boot fit checked with a good boot fitter
(2) boot glove
snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have a friend that uses the boot gloves. She tried lots of different options over the years an find this worked for her.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+2 for Therm-ic, I've been using the set that can be fitted to custom footbeds for several years now, incredibly thin so doesn't effect the fit.

https://www.therm-ic.com/en/skiing/19-set-heat-flat-c-pack-1300.html
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NeddySkiGoon wrote:
@DRS, welcome to snowHead . Direct heat to my feet make them sweat. So for me;
(1) get the boot fit checked with a good boot fitter
(2) boot glove
snowHead

All of the above, plus decent socks.

Too much heat on my feets and they swell and hurt, well the left one does. The boot gloves seem to keep things good and neutral temperature wise, not too hot, not too cold snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If it's well below zero I struggle with cold toes, especially since I got a touch of frostbite in both big toes. I used to use the Thermic heated footbeds (the heated pads which attach to a custom footbed) but last winter I tried the Lenz heated socks and prefer these. The battery attaches to the cuff of the sock and is controlled via Bluetooth through a phone app, so less hassle with cables and attached battery packs to your boots. One version of the Lenz heated socks has a heating element which completely surrounds your toes rather than just a small area underneath, and these are especially cosy.

A downside to the Lenz socks is that they are thicker than I would normally wear, so this takes bit of getting used to. I'm hoping that Lenz bring out an ultrathin version. And they're not cheap.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rob@rar, I got the same ones. As you say they’re quite thick and a weird fit around the toes. Hopefully they’ll bed in. The app is great for controlling them. Got the matching gloves cheap and they’re great!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BobinCH wrote:
@rob@rar, I got the same ones. As you say they’re quite thick and a weird fit around the toes. Hopefully they’ll bed in. The app is great for controlling them. Got the matching gloves cheap and they’re great!
Yes, they are a bit weird in the toe box. Need to put them on carefully as it's easy to get them ruckled up inside the boot. I used them for the opening day of last season, skiing cold, boot-deep powder. By mid-morning my feet were painfully cold and I thought it was an expensive mistake. Stopped for a coffee and checked the app. Socks were turned on, set to zero. Doh. Turned them to 5 and within 15 minutes I forgot my feet had been cold.

I had the remote control version of the Thermic heated footbeds, and discovered one day that not only could I adjust the level of my own batteries, but also skimottaret's system as well, but he couldn't adjust the power level on mine. Endless fun Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mrs U suffers from Raynaud’s and likes the Sidas insoles.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy