Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arc 1800 v 1950 v 2000 - transfers et al

Poster: A snowHead
Were close to booking the train to arrive in Bourg at 19:51 on 11th Jan so the funicular is still working, previously we've done this and stayed in 1600. But im not over excited about the accommodation choices there. Dont know why just not grabbing me this time round.

So options I am liking are the Edenarc https://www.sunweb.co.uk/ski/france/paradiski/les-arcs-peisey-vallandry/les-arcs/residence-prestige-odalys-edenarc?Participants%5B0%5D%5B0%5D=1989-03-20&Participants%5B0%5D%5B1%5D=1989-03-20&Allocation=2&Duration=8&Mealplan=LG&TransportType=SelfDrive&Month=2020-01-01

Chelet Des Neiges Ariolle in 2000 https://www.sunweb.co.uk/ski/france/paradiski/les-arcs-peisey-vallandry/les-arcs/residence-chalet-des-neiges-arolles-special-prices?Participants%5B0%5D%5B0%5D=1989-03-20&Participants%5B0%5D%5B1%5D=1989-03-20&Allocation=2&Duration=8&Mealplan=LG&TransportType=SelfDrive&Month=2020-01-01

Residence P&V premium arc 1950 https://www.sunweb.co.uk/ski/france/paradiski/les-arcs-peisey-vallandry/les-arcs/residence-pv-premium-arc-1950-le-village?Participants%5B0%5D%5B0%5D=1989-03-20&Participants%5B0%5D%5B1%5D=1989-03-20&Allocation=2&Duration=8&Mealplan=LG&TransportType=SelfDrive&Month=2020-01-01

or L'Aiguille Grive Chalets Hotel

The question is getting to one of these options. How easy is it to get the funicular and a bus, maybe a taxi on the way up would be easier

we know the area to ski, but just cant work out the ease of transfer (or not) we could get an earlier train option but that adds £100 to the journey, however if it means the transfer is easier at 6pm rather than 8pm it might be worth it.

Cant decide if I want apartment, hotel or what this year, just that I wanna ski!! my head is numb

Soz for the random questions Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Lucywuk, you'll already know that getting to the funi can be a bit of a faff after the train journey. However, the free buses from the top will still run to 1800, 2000, and 1950 and are timed to co-incide with the funi, so not really an issue if you know your way around the station. That's what we do on a twice annual basis. 15 - 20 mins to 1950/2000
But if your train is running late, you may need a backup plan.

If you check the Les Arcs thread out, there's a list of taxi firms on page 5 https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=148502&start=160 , But there will be a gaggle of them meeting the train anyway, so shouldn't be too much of a problem getting one if you don't want to pre-book.

A bus from the Bourg gare is cheaper (well, depends on how many there are of you: €12 each, so 6 pax and you might as well get the taxi) but takes an age, because if going to 1950/2000, stops in at 1800 on the way - ad a number of stops within 1800 too. What a palaver.

Of course I'm going to say 1950 is best - it's my home village.
But have a look though at some alternative routes to accomodation: about 25% of the apartments are now run by the owners rather than the TOs, and given that at least 70% are owned by Brits, you might get a much better deal - check Airbnb, Homes Abroad, or https://www.arc1950direct.com/ (and there's a new booking service coming on stream hopefully in the next few weeks run by the village . Not live yet tho')

You will of coruse get posts telling you that 1800 and 2000 are better, some will argue that 1600 is not as bad as you recall, and many will tell you that you should go somewhere else!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for this. I fully expect a myriad of views. If I can’t even decide between a hotel, apartment or chalet. How can I expect anyone else to.

I think we’ve decided we loved 1600 but we’ve done it. Hence 1950 or 1800.

Or we might do la Tania or la plagne again
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lucywuk wrote:
Were close to booking the train to arrive in Bourg at 19:51 on 11th Jan so the funicular is still working, previously we've done this and stayed in 1600. But im not over excited about the accommodation choices there. Dont know why just not grabbing me this time round.

Chelet Des Neiges Ariolle in 2000 https://www.sunweb.co.uk/ski/france/paradiski/les-arcs-peisey-vallandry/les-arcs/residence-chalet-des-neiges-arolles-special-prices?Participants%5B0%5D%5B0%5D=1989-03-20&Participants%5B0%5D%5B1%5D=1989-03-20&Allocation=2&Duration=8&Mealplan=LG&TransportType=SelfDrive&Month=2020-01-01

Soz for the random questions Smile

We’ve stayed here for the last two Christmases and are back again this year.. Decent sized apartments, well stocked - with proper ovens - and a fireplace (in the larger apartments) We always drive but last year 4 of the party came on the train and got a taxi up the hill and back for around 80 euros.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've done the trip up and down from Arc 2000 many times as my wife was hospitalised down in Bourg with a TPF for a few days. The trip back in the evening should be fine for you, just get the bus outside the Funi station to whichever resort you're at. The wait isn't that long. I guess it depends on what luggage you have. If its just a case fine, if you're bringing your own skis or board it might be a bit of a faff. In which case, I'd go with the minibus/taxi option from Bourg station.

I can't really talk accommodation, as we've only ever stayed up in 2000. 1950 is very pretty though - been down there a few times. But I suspect you end up paying for it. So 1800 may work out being cheaper.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
"1st-lifts.com Tarentaise Transfers Notice Board" on facebook page will be a useful resource. Have used it a number of times. Many chalet operators on there with spare capacity or empty legs on airport runs.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for these. I’ll check out 1st lifts in case people have spare seats on transfers. It’s only from bourg so should be lots of buses as well
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi All,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. Have searched a bit but no answers yet.

First trip to Les Arc 1600 next week. Am used to skiing downunder which a bit different....do we need to buy some decent snow boots for walking around the town or is the snow not settled enough there?

Thanks!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@phillipdigbybennett@gmail, welcome to SH's.

This would be the place to ask general questions about Les Arcs and it's villages https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=148502 or just a new topic on "The Piste" board for a more general question.

But as I'm here. Main pathways are generally cleared in the stations but obviously if you do walk off of those something that is above ankle height would be better for keeping the feet dry and warm.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

do we need to buy some decent snow boots for walking around the town or is the snow not settled enough there?

Not really. I will also be in 1600 next week and will take a single pair of shoes with me - the pair I will be wearing for the trip. Boots are not necessary. As @Layne, says all paths in the village will either be clear or icy.

Where are you staying in 1600?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@johnE - Perfect, in that case I wont go out and buy any Smile.

Staying in the Arcadien. Getting very excited checking the webcams everyday!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I usually take a pair of walking boots with me, wherever I go, something with a better grip than standard shoes or trainers.
Plus a pair of Vans or trainers for inside the hotel.
Let us k ow your thoughts in the Arcadian. It was in our list.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Lucywuk, where did you end up choosing?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@phillipdigbybennett@gmail, If you look at the Combettes livecam it will show you the footpath from the centre of Arc1600 past the skischool office to the Arcadian. You can see for yourself what the conditions are like.

Generally I get into the Abrevoir (now shortened to the Abre) bar about 10 in the evening. If you fancy a drink send a PM
snow report
@Arctic Roll, Tignes in the end. We’ve not skied there in 10 years so thought we’d go back.
A fabulous chalet in Les Boisses
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy