Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

parking in Soldeu

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know anything about parking in Soldeu. We have got an apartment booked for a week and are thinking of hiring a car to get there this time. I know that there has been a bit of development since we went last and I can see on the Grandvalira website that you can park daily for free with your lift pass, but not what the charges are if you have your car there all week.
We are keen to go to Arcalis again and that is why we are thinking of having a car. Grandvalira are supposed to be running minibuses there, but as it is new this season I think, I don't know how effective this is.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TBH I don't know any more than you do, except that the Information office specifically confirmed to me that the new parking under the skiable bridge in Soldeu is indeed free with the day pass.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. Do you know anything about the parking in the street. We are staying opposite Andorra travel service.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We were in Soldeu over xmas. Parking is pretty good.
We had a 2.5m high vehicle (including roofbox) and so used the Avet car park - plenty of space (even on the two busiest days of the year).
A lift pass permits one free visit per day (anytime within 8am-8pm) to the car parks at the Gondola station, so if you have two passes you can visit twice (we only needed one visit).
On street parking we found to be quite cheap given it's free 8pm-8am, so if you park at 6pm, you end up paying about a euro which covers you until about 10am the next day. We never paid more than 2€ and sometimes found 40cents was sufficient.
So, it is probably expensive to leave a vehicle parked in one place all the time, and best to keep it on the move.
Our apartment block included free parking (under 2m high, so no good for us), but some folk parked on the pavement behind the apartment (and it seems there are no fines for this) as opposed to approved on road paid spaces.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've taken a hire car to Soldeu at least 5 times, and never had a problem with parking.

Try and book rib night at Fat Alberts. I think it's €16 for as much as you can eat, and they are delicious. Considering it's so small, there are many other great places to eat, but The Bruxelles Hotel is one of the best too. Fat Alberts is also good any night, especially for steak.

http://fat-albertssoldeu.com/The-Bistro.php
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another vote for the Bruxelles and Rib night (Tuesdays I think)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pieman666 wrote:
Another vote for the Bruxelles and Rib night (Tuesdays I think)

Yes, it is Tuesdays for unlimited ribs at Fat Albert's. However, I had ribs on the Monday, for 16€50 and frankly, despite my large appetite, one more rib would have been overdoing it.

There are parking spaces in town, but they get nabbed pretty quickly.

Also note the 5-6pm happy hour at the Villager pub at the Gondola station (two 250ml glasses of Estrella for 3€). NB their Irish Coffees are gorgeous.

Best slope-side restaurant (red run access) is the Refuge du llac de Pessons (better than the Grau Roig hotel).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The skiing in Grandvalira isn't 'big'. The mountains aren't huge, and even the trip to Pas isn't that far. So the skiing isn't great, but Soldeu village, is the my favourite resort I've ever been to, and by quite some way. I really love the place.

In the next few years, I'm going to a try and organise a two resort trip, half a week in Soldeu, and half a week in Baqueira(or a village nearby, as it seems very expensive).

I'll share a little anecdote: A very tall and beautiful girl - native of Soldeu, I believe her parents own Aspen Bar - decided for no reason that I can fathom, to lift her top for me, and show me her breasts in Fat Alberts. Thanks Magli, I'm forever grateful.

Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy