Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mittens for a snowboarder

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Are mittens OK for snowboarding? And, if so, does anyone have any recommendations of good mittens for someone who suffers from cold hands?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you are not looking for wrist support - Black Diamond Mercury Mittens are about the warmest, without going into expedition weight.

If you are looking for a wrist guard - Level Fly Protective Mittens
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sugarmoma666, mittens are definitely OK for snowboarding. I would also point you in the direction of Black Diamond Mercurys.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 16-12-19 17:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Check out levelgloves.com for the best snowboarding mittens. Some are available with wrist protection.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are mittens dexterous enough to fasten the bindings?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon wrote:

That's what I was wondering. I wouldn't want to increase the faff time too much Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sugarmoma666 wrote:
spyderjon wrote:

That's what I was wondering. I wouldn't want to increase the faff time too much Very Happy

To answer my own question, it'll be down to the individual make/model of mitt etc. But having cold hands isn't going to be helped by having to take one or both off every time you dismount a chair and have to buckle up.

I'd think that excellent waterproofing properties are a must (goretex etc) due to regularly handling wet bindings - a feature that isn't that important for skiers.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon wrote:

Get step-ons wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mitts are fine, with bindings. One of my regular riding buddies uses them all the time and never has issues. You use your thumbs for bindings anyway.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sugarmoma666, are those 3 finger lobster claw gloves any good for snowboarding?

They offer a bit more dexterity for unavoidable faffing. I suppose the compromise is a little less warmth compared with full mitts (3 fingers huddling together, rather than 4).

Hestra sell them. Not sure how hardwearing they are for knuckling your way along flat bits?
snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@PeakyB, I was just about to say I use Lobster Claw style (Level) gloves and it's no more difficult than regular 'fingered gloves'.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy