Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bourg Saint Maurice to Arc 1950

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

We're arriving next Saturday 21st on the Eurostar ski train at 19:03.

I'm struggling to find a taxi to get to Arc 1950, all the taxi's I've tried are all booked.

Any help would be much appreciated, so far I've tried

Arcs Taxis
Aarthur Taxis
Snow Taxi
Taxi L'Vie
All Mountain
Cosi Taxi
Jack Celair

Thanks

Steve
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Joff1,
Option 1: Take the funicular up to 1600 followed by the Navette round to 1950. Very straightforward
Option 2: Take the bus. Autocars Martin run between Bourg st Maurice and Les Arcs
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Def the funi and navette
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks johnE and holidayloverxx
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There will also be Taxi's at the station but funi/bus may well be quicker and save you some cash.
If you exit the station via the platforms towards the funi and up the steps it's quicker than walking round. There may well be a bus to the funi from the station as well tho
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Joff1, as above the funi and the Navettes is a great alternative (one we'll be using the day before I suspect)

https://en.lesarcs.com/move-around/funicular.html#menuOnglet

There is a standard bus as well from next to the Taxi - rank, but a) takes a long time since goes via 1800 before getting to 1950 / 2000 and b) costs more than funi.

(edit: I take that back - the last one leaves Bourg at 18:00 so no use to you)

Note that the Navette from the SNCF to the Funi runs every 20 mins, so if you are at the front of the train rather than the back (ie nearer the bus station / main exit) it may be possible to come out quickly: look at the taxi rank, decide to go for the funi, and catch the 7:20pm navette to the base station: giving you time to buy tickets for the 7.40 pm. (Or the 8pm if you miss that one) . Personally we always walk towards the back, up the stairs and down the lifts.

IF you think you might want to come back that way the following Saturday then buy a return Funi ticket: it's a lot cheaper than two singles, and saves stressing at the top station when you want to make sure you get down in time for the E-star. The buses are timed to arrive to meet a Funicular: there's not always time to play with the machines to buy said tickets... (we also always do that: other friends who take taxis tend to get a little paranoid when they don't always turn up at the village at the appointed hour!)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks alasdar and Arctic Roll,

We have now got a lift to 1950, but not back down on the 28th for the 9:30 Eurostar.

Is it easy to get down that early in the morning, we'll have to leave at 7:30-8:00?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Joff1, not a problem at all. There's funiculars from 7:30 and navettes from 1950 to connect to them, see:

https://en.calameo.com/read/0056896167fd949cf9b6e?page=1

E-star like you there an hour or so before leaving (the queue through security can be daunting) so yes, the 07.05 bus gives you a 'spare' bus/funicular in case of conditions working against you (for some reason there appear to be an hour's gap between 7:25 and 8:20 which is irritatingly just 'wrong' for your needs!) . But you can always get breakfast in BsM if thing go well and you arrive early.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Arctic Roll, you're a star.

I think that's what we'll have to do for the return leg.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnE wrote:
@Joff1,
Option 1: Take the funicular up to 1600 followed by the Navette round to 1950. Very straightforward
Option 2: Take the bus. Autocars Martin run between Bourg st Maurice and Les Arcs

+1

This might be helpful to anyone heading to Bourg station this winter
http://skiflightfree.org/guide-to-bourg-st-maurice-station/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy