Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St anton boot fitter

Poster: A snowHead
A few of us are out in st anton in jan for a few days ski, one of the guys wants some new boots..... so he’s weighing up the idea of getting fitted in resort, does anyone know of a good boot fitter out there? He’s only a recreational skier so nothing to hardcore but I also don’t want him getting fitted for a pair of wellies either
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Roland or Mathias at Jennewein. Geoff is also pretty good.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, do they all work at same place ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or the guys at Kamax
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just rent if your a one or two trips a year skier
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ajc2260626 wrote:
Cheers, do they all work at same place ?

Yes, all 3 are at the main Jennewein store opposite the Rendlbahn plaza. Roland, in particular, is much in demand, so best to book. Jürgen, at the Jennewein store at Nassereinbahn is also very good.

The advantage of buying there is that after fitting, you walk across the road, jump on the lift, do a run or 2, and find out if some more tweaking is needed. No matter how much time you spend in the boots in a shop, the acid test is still how the feel skiing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1 for Jennewein, I had mine done there a couple of weeks ago. Mattias started, but then swapped with Jeff due to having a German-speaking customer at the same time and it made it easier with the languages (Jeff is American). They both knew what they were doing, and Mattias initially picked out the boots I ended up buying straight away, although I did try a few others to compare. Roland did a bit of re-moulding a week later as Jeff was busy.

Watch out for the schnapps, it’s pretty powerful and clearly designed to help empty your wallet wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
apparently the nearest one to where we are staying is the one near the galszigbahn lift, does anyone know if any of the recommended ones above work there..... i am going to drop them a line anyway i reckon when i know what time we get there
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All three are at the main store at the Galzigbahn end of town (it's actually closer to the Rendlbahn)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
cool, we will go there then, i have dropped them a line so fingers crossed i will hear back soon..... thanks for the help
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Roland or Mathias at Jennewein. Geoff is also pretty good

This.....Geoff is more than pretty good, he's excellent, attention to detail exceptional. Other 2 guys same.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
+3 for Jennewein.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have pinged them a mail.....

Also from Munich airport, which is easier...... train or hire car......?

It says 140 miles but nearly 4 hours by train....am thinking car would be easier and surely at least an hour faster?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Somebody local, like @Munich Irish, would be able to offer a better insight than me, but I believe going by car is significantly faster. The train goes via Kufstein, which is a bit of a dog-leg, and a change there is often required.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Train would be a change at Innsbruck from Munich (another change at Munich Ost if coming from the airport rather than city centre) so car would be quicker, but that depends entirely on the weather (it's taken me almost 5 hrs in bad weather from St Anton to Munich airport).
snow conditions
@Sitter, what’s the time if weather ok?
latest report
A selection of train times and routings; only 1 direct:

https://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en?ld=21&protocol=https:&seqnr=1&ident=mh.021778178.1576569236&OK#focus

Some via Kufstein, others via Innsbruck, and and some with changes at both.
latest report
Also add my vote to the guys at Jennewein. Plus still getting free tweaks to boots a year later.
latest report
@ajc2260626, I prefer the train but car might be less faff in your case. For the train you have to get an S-bahn to the Hauptbahnhof first. There are trains every two hours to St Anton with one change either in Kufstein or Innsbruck. I would suggest changing in Innsbruck is easier as it is a long walk with bags and a short connection time in Kufstein (you end up on the same train anyway). The trains to Innsbruck go onto northern Italy and are often crowded you need to reserve seats. For some odd reason both the Deutsche Bahn and OEBB push you towards the changing in Kufstein option but it is also often more expensive. I now book the train from Munich to Innsbruck and separately book the Innsbruck St Anton section. You can get cheap through fares but these restrict to a specific train which is not good in case of flight delays. For Innsbruck / St Anton you can pay just the local Tirol fare (around €17 one way) rather than the more expensive "normal" fare. If you use the OEBB app you can reserve a seat separately and pay for your ticket at the last minute just in case you need to take a different train.

If there is a group of you with baggage hiring a car is almost certainly less messing around. From the airport it will take around 3 hours depending on traffic and weather. Stick to the autobahn (I would say via Kufstein though some people prefer to go via Bregenz) the Fernpass can be a pain and watch the speed limit in Austria.
snow conditions
@munich_irish, cheers, i reckon like you say i will go car route as less messing about and a bit quicker, we are coming back sunday morning so on the basis that the weather is ok there shouldn't be much traffic?
ski holidays
@ajc2260626, Sunday morning should be quiet, Sunday late afternoon / evenings are often busy.
latest report
do these guys reply to emails or is it a hone call job? two emails so far, nothing back
snow report
ajc2260626 wrote:
do these guys reply to emails or is it a hone call job? two emails so far, nothing back

I’ve had no trouble getting responses. I just set up a demo of skis with them, using email.

Jennewein has a Facebook page - perhaps post something there or give them a call.
ski holidays
@ajc2260626, phone call, busy guys.
snow report
Will do
ski holidays
looks like we are driving to st anton, any ideas which is the better / quicker route as am getting a couple of options with google maps etc
snow report
@ajc2260626, assuming you are driving from Calais, I would go Lille, Namur, Luxembourg, Karlsruhe, Ulm, Bregenz, Arlberg. Cheap petrol in Luxembourg (best spot at Schengen just before Germany right next to exit, the services on the motorways can be very crowded). Various ways to achieve the same thing but I would aim for Bregenz and then Arlberg pass or tunnel (depending on weather) avoid Fussen / Fernpass (slow, prone to jams and also not great in bad weather)
latest report
Driving from Munich
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy