Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort for New Year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Advice needed folks.

Looking for a livelyish resort to bring in the New Year.

Somewhere preferably where theres a more than decent chance of snow! Very Happy

Skiing preferably for all levels as we will be a large mixed group.

Looking for reasonably priced food/drink and not interested at all in Verbier. Shocked

Does such a place exist????

Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Banff?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A mate of mine spent last NYE in Les2Alpes and said it was good. I can't comment on prices but it has a glacier so there shouldn't be any problem with snow, at least higher up.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whistler
Breckenridge
Park City
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pike, the last two Christmases/New Year Saalbach Hinterglemm has had great snow (I know cos I was there), and is very pretty and pretty lively! That area near Salzburg has a very reliable snow record for early season, and the Austrians definitely know how to party.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pike, You can't go far wrong with Saalbach. Or Mayrhofen has great nightlife, good skiing area for mixed abilities and is great value. The resort itself is fairly low but the ski area is ok and there is the Hintertux glacier up the road. We went to Bad Gastein for New Year this year and there was too much snow! This is also a good ski area but you may find the nightlife a bit quiet in Bad Gastein. Bad Hofgastein just down the road is worth a look though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the advice folks, will look into these places.

Another resort suggested to me was Cervinia on the Italian side of the matterhorn. Any opinions on there?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pike,

Hey Pike, where did you book in the end?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No-one has mentioned Zermatt! I'm going! snowHead Not sure though whether there are many beds left to be had.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pike, I'll probably get shot for this but reckon that Austrian and Swiss resorts offer more of a festive package that lots of the Fench resorts miss out/forget about, in terms of 'festivities' I think to really enjoy New Year here in Adh you need to stay out of the bars and restauants on the main 'drag' - too many people and too much crazy behaviour (sounding about 80 years old I know) but the photos we see in the newspapers at home are scenes easily found here too sometimes. I spent New Years in Courmayeur about 10 years ago and the atmosphere was amazing without the mad excess (or perhaps I was part of the excess back then and didn't notice!!) I bet places in Scandinavia could be fun for Christmas?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah, what Sarah said, Switzerland is amazing for NY. Verbier ( Wink ) goes off at New Years. 30,000 people 'having it' in a very small place.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy