Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tecnica Zero-G Tour Pro - One Year On ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
DB wrote:
BobinCH wrote:
These are the old ones I have - replacement tongues is a good idea! Does baking them make a big difference if they already fit fine? Don’t the liners mould anyway after a few days in them?
https://www.solesportslabs.com/product-page/sole-intuition-hybrid-pro-tour-ski-boot-liners

If I moved liners from one shell to another I'd remould them as the shell forms are different between boot models - this might be why you are feeling local pressure points.
Do you take the liners out of the boots to dry?

Pressure points are with the stock liners because they are thin and packing out so I crank them up. The Intuitions are beefy and fit fine without pressure points despite being several years old and both tongues broken (but once you get them in and close the shell they still work fine). The problem is that the extra beef which makes for a nice tight, stiff support on the down is much less roomy and flexible on the up when touring (and I leave all buckles fully open). After 4 hours this makes a difference! I “think” I want something similar to the stock liners prioritizing comfort on the up but a bit less prone to packing down as will be doing some long multi day tours on them. I’ve got light skis now anyway so even with the stock liners they are not getting overpowered by the skis. Hence I fear more Intuition pro tours or tour wraps may be overkill and wondering if there’s something more uphill oriented? A low volume Intuition liner? The Sidas option?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clarky999 wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

Thanks. Any idea what they weigh? The stock liners are super light/thin and only weigh about 200g. The Tour pros are much beefier in comparison and that definitely impacts the ROM

According to my kitchen scales haha, 230g per foot. Google says 380-520g, which I assume must be per pair.

That’s pretty good - not much more than the stick liners. What length tours are you doing in them? And assume beefy Dalbello Lupo 130’s?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BobinCH wrote:
clarky999 wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

Thanks. Any idea what they weigh? The stock liners are super light/thin and only weigh about 200g. The Tour pros are much beefier in comparison and that definitely impacts the ROM

According to my kitchen scales haha, 230g per foot. Google says 380-520g, which I assume must be per pair.

That’s pretty good - not much more than the stick liners. What length tours are you doing in them? And assume beefy Dalbello Lupo 130’s?

Mostly around ~1200m vert, plus a few longer ~1500 days now and again. With Lupo 120s, though I've actually been experimenting with the softer Dalbello tongues this season, especially in colder weather (the reason I like the wraps is not so much just the stiffer flex, but the better all-around connection with the way they wrap in 360° around the leg). That's on Shifts and either Down CD104L or CD114L skis, so I'm absolutely not going for any speed records uphill!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’ve got full fat power wraps in my Lupo 120s. They definitely reduce ROM vs the stock liners but I found the 120s too roomy with the stocks but would tend to use them for days with more skinning. Just bought some 130c (I.e. the narrow last) which I’m hoping will work well with the stock liners.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jedster, I originally had the old ID wraps from old Dalbello Panterra 130s (with a lot of foam glued to them!) in my Lupos, and they definitely reduced ROM too. I skied two seasons with those liners, then this December tried the stock liners out of curiosity while waiting for the new Tour Wraps to arrive - really did not like them, just less support in all directions, fore, aft, and laterally.

The other cool thing about the tour wraps is they basically work like velcro with Intuition's own c and l foam pads, so you can tweak the fit to really precisely fill in volume exactly where you want around the heel and ankle bones for better retention. Probably not the approach a boot fitter would advise haha, but through being able to make adjustments super quickly myself between runs I've now got the best fit I've ever had.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@BobinCH,
This is my third season with the Technica tour Scout (not pro) but this still applies. Halfway through the second season the liner suddenly packed out and just before lockdown I replaced them with an old set of Intuition liners that were from my old Scarpa Maestrale Rs's, with, wait for it, broken tongues! They worked fine but the foam was going a little crunchy.
I replaced them in December with a set of Intuition Pro Tours. They were a little tight at first but soon loosened a little and have been absolutely fantastic ever since. My tours are generally 1000-1500m so 2-4 hours although I could go all day in them.
HTH
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
zzz wrote:
@BobinCH,
This is my third season with the Technica tour Scout (not pro) but this still applies. Halfway through the second season the liner suddenly packed out and just before lockdown I replaced them with an old set of Intuition liners that were from my old Scarpa Maestrale Rs's, with, wait for it, broken tongues! They worked fine but the foam was going a little crunchy.
I replaced them in December with a set of Intuition Pro Tours. They were a little tight at first but soon loosened a little and have been absolutely fantastic ever since. My tours are generally 1000-1500m so 2-4 hours although I could go all day in them.
HTH

Lots of great info here. Thanks all

@zzz, can you do a comparison of the new Tour pros to the stock liners for the up? My stock liners are very thin whereas the tour pros are beefy so the feel is very different.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@BobinCH,
Sure. So I like to tour with my heels held tight enough so that my heel doesn’t move within the liner. The original ones loosened enough that I started to get blisters around that area.
The tour pro’s grip my heel well with the clips on the loosest setting (not undone), without being overly tight. In terms of the range of movement (which I believe is 55 degrees) I don’t notice any difference, but I’m pretty sure I don’t have bendy enough legs to use it anyway!

As for the ramp angle, well that’s another thing altogether Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
clarky999 wrote:
@jedster, I originally had the old ID wraps from old Dalbello Panterra 130s (with a lot of foam glued to them!) in my Lupos, and they definitely reduced ROM too. I skied two seasons with those liners, then this December tried the stock liners out of curiosity while waiting for the new Tour Wraps to arrive - really did not like them, just less support in all directions, fore, aft, and laterally.

The other cool thing about the tour wraps is they basically work like velcro with Intuition's own c and l foam pads, so you can tweak the fit to really precisely fill in volume exactly where you want around the heel and ankle bones for better retention. Probably not the approach a boot fitter would advise haha, but through being able to make adjustments super quickly myself between runs I've now got the best fit I've ever had.

I believe you! The stock liners are very flexy and cushy. The narrower last 130c feel really quite snug though (compared to the 120ax) and are that bit stiffer so I THINK I won't miss the stiffer liner. We shall see!
I've got a pair of intuition wraps in some full tilts that are good but are much thinner than the chunky aftermarket power wraps that I was using in the 120s (which TBH are probably a bit OTT for a boot you want to skin in). Suspect the ones from your panterra's are a better compromise
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy