Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Corvara Mountain Restaurants

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For the first time, the family and I are doing Corvara this February half term.

Whilst we are away, it is my wife’s birthday and I am looking for any suggestions for a good mountain restaurant to lunch at. To complicate things, we have friends staying in Val Gardena and we are hoping to meet up with them, so somewhere easily accessible to both villages would be ideal.

Any thoughts anyone?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jimmys - http://www.jimmyhuette.com/

Col Pradat - http://www.colpradat.com/en/

Mesoles - http://www.mesoles.it/en/

All are between Corvara and Selva
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In the main ski area above Corvara there are so many good huts/restaurants.

For food I like the following:

L'Tabla
Vegas Hut
Bioch Hut
Saraghes
Pralongia
Arlara

For drinks and location I like:

Boconara
Capanna Nera
Punta Trieste
La Marmotta
La Fraina
La Para
La Utia
La Ciasota
CLub Moritzino
La Baita
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So many Huttes, so little time... snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mmmmmm all that food but so little time!

Most are really good!!

I like the Utia Crёp de Munt, Rifugio Capanna Nera, Rifugio Col Pradat and the Baita Boconara among others.

I have to say the food in this area is excellent. There are a four Michelin star restaurants in the area...if that's your thing!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Grachen, in part it depends on what you are after and what the weather is like.

Jimmys in my experience is reliable for good food and has a great view but it is busy and outside on the terrace for the view if there are only say 4 of you then it might not seem intimate. I think there are tables inside upstairs with good window views out to the view which may be good. Indeed many places are busy and bustling, if you want quieter more private you need to look at smaller ones a bit off the beaten track in my view.

Col Pradat if you book a seat at the eagles nest has you sitting out on the edge looking straight out from there across to the Sella massif and is a great view. Food in my view was good but not the most outstanding in the area.

If your friends come to your area then yes Bioch can be top notch for food.

Heard good things about the one at the top of col alt but have not been there myself.

Where in Val Gardena? I ask because it can be a difference between selva and Santa Christina in terms of how far to ski depending also on ski level of the people involved.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy