Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas Drive Down 2019 - chit chat

Poster: A snowHead
We are also just past Dijon on A39. Making decent time but it is busy.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On a43 post Chambery. Came down a6 from Beaune earlier and it was ok then - there must have been an incident since. Heavy traffic on A43 already and the peage before chambery was taken over by gilets jaunes. We have a tag so couldn’t benefit from the free peage. Currently raining hard so must be snowing higher up
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gilets jaunes have also opened barriers at peage before albertville
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Me, @daishan, and @pigeondave, are heading down on Boxing day.

I wonder is tinfoil will stop the toll doofer signal (or maybe the bag it came in?) should the GJ have opened the barriers? (note to self, don't forget the doofer)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Use the bag supplied it’s metal lined to make it a mini faraday cage
Good luck with the GJs!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If heading to La Plagne right now 12:15 it’s chains or snow tyres only from Centre upwards, snow ploughs are out working but it’s snowing very steadily with fine snow. I reckon it will chains/snow tyres only from the La Roche chainage fairly soon ...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The sun is shining here in vallandry. The weather is shower. The odd bit of fog, light snow and clear spells.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stopped snowing and bright sunshine in La Plagne now
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We are around Dijon, having a lunch. Friends reporting queues on a43
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lots of staus through Germany. Really bad round Munich.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gilets Jaunes now gone from Chambery Nord, next time just take the doofer out of the window and sit on it, that's what I did and saved€38 last year!

There is an incident after Chambery on A43, can't find out what causing queues, after that its plain sailing at the moment. Roads are now wet into Tignes, chains still required on little roads out of the sun.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think the traffic is due in part to Christmas shopping
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
First lifts this morning out of Tignes. Cheeky 2 hours of skiing fresh/tracked powder before quick turnaround. Trip to airport took an hour longer than sat nav expected but now having late lunch before catching flight back home. Will be back on the 27th for 2nd week.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Made it to Bad Hofgastein for 5. 25 hours door to door with 2 hours sleep in an aire and a leisurely breakfast and lunch. German motorways, particularly around Munich where a nightmare.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
14 hours to Val Thorens door to door. Snowing hard, everyone is out enjoying the magical evening
snow report
A long and difficult trip to Sainte-Foy today, with lots of traffic this afternoon. But all worth it now we have the tree up, wine out, kids in bed, and snow falling!
snow report
My daughter and family got to La Plagne without too much difficulty, wending their way round various holdups and were thrilled with their UCPA family room, with private balcony.
snow report
Drive down yesterday day time to Morzine was relatively painless.
Having a very early Tunnel crossing helped us.
5:50am U.K. crossing.
So On the French motorway by 07:30am.
Sandwiches and snacks in the car.
Kept us rolling.
A short hold up near Reims and slowish moving on the A40 but got to Morzine by 5pm.
Which is good going in a Punto Happy
latest report
@247snowman wrote:
Drive down yesterday day time to Morzine was relatively painless.
Morzine by 5pm
Which is good going in a PUNTO Happy

Respect Toofy Grin Laughing
snow report
Does it still class as Christmas drive down if setting off tomorrow? Leaving Littleborough around 11am with 5pm tunnel. Driving to Kitzbuhel via Luxembourg route. Any road info gladly appreciated. I will update with anything of note on way down.
snow report
@Dougie, for sure - there ahould be lots of snowHead on the road tomorrow.
snow report
Back in the road flying out to where we left the last Saturday and then leaving hotel early tomorrow morning to get on the slopes for a reasonably full days skiing. Will provide an update on weather and traffic when we start tomorrow morning.
latest report
We left Ste Foy at 08.45 this morning. Ok going our way but quite a queue to get through Moutiers.
latest report
We also left Ste-Foy, at 07:15. All good, but sat nav now reporting 30 min delay on A6 somewhere north of Lyon.
latest report
Flew into Lyon last night. Car still where we left it. Left Lyon this morning and now on bubble out of Lea Menuires. Drive up okay no Snow Chains needed into resort.
latest report
For those going to the Haute Tarentaise Super U fuel station in Bourg St Maurice is closed , out of fuel I presume , I suspect the others in the town will follow quickly . Make sure you have plenty before you get up here
ski holidays
We saw an enormous queue at Leclerc this morning at BSM, I think.
snow report
Straight onto Eurotunnel to get an hour earlier crossing than booked. Very quiet.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A mate's coach transfer from ValD to Grenoble was completely messed up by snow up the mountain and at Bourg.. so they missed their flights.
snow report
Got the 0831 Eurostar to Paris this morning but missed the connection to Moutiers as the RER was badly messed up and very crowded. Changed the tickets and got a train to Lyon. Now we’re in an Uber just coming in to Chambéry and it’s busy with a 9 minute queue to get through the peage.
latest report
Drive straight through to Luxembourg with no traffic problems. Heading out to Saarbrucken.
snow report
Hitting Munich ring-road now and nothing on the roads. Got to be the dullest traffic updates ever...not that I’m complaining!
snow report
Left Châtel at 1715 and joined a huge queue to join the motorway at Monthey. Went via Aigle and Montreux town centre to avoid the motorway and joined at Bionay. Still delayed us by 1.5 hours and meant we got to our stop in Troyes at 23.45.

Now in the tunnel after a very quiet drive but usual queues at check-in. Should be home by 1430
snow report
Just on the train back to Geneva airport, left the car in the alps. 180CHF all in for bus and train for 4 adults. Who says Switzerland is expensive, pretty reasonable transfer from village to airport. SBB train clearly on time, let’s hope Easyjet can do likewise!
ski holidays
We're on our way home now. It took rather a long time to pack and clean the apartment this morning so didn't leave les arcs till 11.30. It took over 2 hours to dig the car out so I suppose that wasn't too bad.

We are now on the a40 north of Lyon my wife having taken over for the second shift of driving. Though the traffic is heavyish it's moving ok and we haven't had any significant hold ups. The sun is shining. With luck at the check in we should make our 22.40 crossing.
snow conditions
Made the tunnel at 9.10. 9 and a half hours from les arcs to the tunnel is about as good as we can do it in. And it looks like no delays at the tunnel.14 hours door to door.
ski holidays
I spoke to soon about no delays at the tunnel. Queues at the UK border caused us to miss the train we were allocated so we are on the next one. Not a big problem but still annoying
latest report
2 weeks in VT flew past, time to pack and get ready for tomorrow's early start and one shot drive home.
ski holidays
For those that are driving back to the U.K. from the Alps Saturday morning and are doing the drive in one day.
What time are you leaving?
What time is an easy start?
snow conditions
If I was driving back tomorrow I would leave before 07:00 beating the queues to get out and hoping to get to the Tunnel early enough to avoid the inevitable frustrating delays on a Peak Saturday.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy