Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taxi Turin - Sauze d'Oulx and back 13+15.12.19

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last minute and highly unlikely I know but is anyone on the Stansted-Turin flight arriving at 0950 on Friday 13th or the Turin-LGW flight leaving at 2140 on 15th Dec (or an arrival to/ departure from TRN around those times) who is going to or from Sauze and could share a taxi?
Trying to minimise the cost of a local taxi for my son and his friend as they were hiring a car but it may be a bit snowy.....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Buy some snowchains and let them drive in the snow.

Great experience and war-story they will remember for the rest of their lives.

It is not hard to drive in snow. Just slowdown and feather the gaspedal.

Or take bus and train.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
By law, hire cars must have winter tyres or snow chains if they're in proximity to The Alps.

We drove Turin to Cervinia last year, and it was thick snow coming back down. Our car had winter tyres.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Whitegold, @SteveBrown, thanks for the replies and advice. Bus/train not really an option for the return journey Sunday evening and the hire car will have snowchains. The experience may even pave the way for future road trips around Utah or the like, wonderful if it does and he certainly isn't fazed at the prospect. The taxi was probably more suggested by my own worry than his; now he is 47 maybe I should leave him to it. I have also resisted the opportunity to tell him he should have listened to my lectures on our own drives to the Alps when he was younger, instead of stuffing his face with fruitella, asking if we were nearly there and watching DVD's!
As I suspected any taxi sharers was a long shot so will leave him to driving, with a bit of advice thrown in. Forgive me though, Whitegold, for hoping he comes back with a rather more mundane 'picked up car, drove there, drove back, dropped car off, but the skiing was ace' type story than anything worthy of being turned into a movie.....
Strangely haven't given a moments worry to the fact he will probably be flying down the same mountains on two bits of wood far quicker than he is likely to be driving.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No probs.

Because it was snowing heavily, and we'd have had to get up very early for the drive down, we decided to book a hotel in Turin, and drive down the day before. We did mean to do Monterosa area, but really, when we got to the point we were heading back up to Gressoney, we decided to give it a miss because of conditions. Shame, but wouldn't have been great to ski in anyway.

Anyway, in case they fancy doing the same, it was The Pacific Airport Hotel. It was only £44 for a perfectly nice triple room, and it was a great breakfast(yes, £44 for all three of us!).

Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Take the train to Oulz...they go fromn the airport via Turin main station are very regular and mega cheap. Its a short taxi or bus from Oulz station up to sauze
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy