Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kleinarl - Ski Amadé

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've read lots of useful information on these forums about the Ski Amadé and gather that there are quite a few expert snowheaders in this region!

I've seen lots about the area in general - particularly Radstadt / Flachau etc, but I've seen very little information about Kleinarl itself (and really hoping there's not a good reason - i.e. no-one likes it!) We've booked to go this year, and was just hoping someone could give me a few tips or insider knowledge - we're a group of adults and children and range from beginner to expert, so all tips welcome!

Also, Zauchensee looks nice, and fairly quick to ski to from Kleinarl - is this correct?

Thanks in advance!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@schifoan, I’ve not stayed in Kleinarl but skied down to it from Flauchauwinkl. Looked pleasant from what I saw. You can ski across to Zauchensee but you need to get a bus to connect the lifts and on either side of the valley. I believe that it’s a regular service and is very short and if I remember rightly is covered by the lift pass.

I’m sure some of the regular locals will be along soon to give you more information.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The shuttle bus from Flachauwinkl runs every 10 minutes or so, and takes about 4 minutes to get to the Highport lift for access to Zauchensee. Kleinarl isn't the best connected of villages, but the Shuttleberg area has some great runs and the red run down to Kleinarl is also good when the snow is in decent shape. Zauchensee is worth visiting as well, or the free ski bus gives you the option of going to Wagrain for the day, including using the G-Link to get to Flachau if you fancy that. See https://www.wagrain-kleinarl.at/en/activities/skiing-snowboarding/skibus

I've not stayed in Kleinarl, preferring Flachau or Wagrain, but it looks lively enough if a little strung out, and with the centre separate from the area around the lifts.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've had about 6-7 weeks in Ski Amade in total. The best thing about Kleinarl is the road down to Wagrain...
From Wagrain (Grafenberg) you can ski to Alpendorf on one side or Flachau on the other.
Kleinarl is connected (by transfer) only to Zauchensee, were there are some nice pistes, but it is a small resort.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kleinarl is a tiny, but picturesque village and the home of one of the greatest female ski racers of all time (Annemarie Moser-Pröll). The lift from Kleinarl serves the Shuttleberg-Flachauwinkl ski area, which is not yet joined with Wagrain/Flachau but will be for the 2020-21 season.

Zauchensee is easy to get to as detailed above, plus there is a regular ski bus to Grafenberg which links you to the whole Wagrain/Flachau/St Jo/Alpendorf ski area.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the replies - generally quite positive. How much we get to explore the resort depends really on the children. They are still young, but getting the hang of it, so hoping we might cover a bit more ground this year, but happy just to enjoy being in the mountains if not. I was hoping we might ski to Zauchensee, get the bus across and then see how far we get. I don't mind if it's a small area - hopefully it might be less crowded?

It looks like there are two main ski schools in Kleinarl - both appear quite similar - but has anyone used either of them before?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@schifoan, Zauchensee is one of my favourite resorts, so well worth getting over there.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@schifoan, The folks in Wagrain believe the people in Kleinarl have 6 fingers if you know what I mean. Apart from that it is as good a spot as any to ski with a mixed group and next year it will be linked to Wagrain by lift as well. The runs down to the village have a good mix of easy blue from mid-sation to big cruising reds off the top. On the Flachauwinkel side (The Shuttleberg) there's lots of fun stuff for the kids. It is easy to ski down and take the 400m shuttle bus across to the Zauchensee side and that opens up another 100km or so of piste. Plenty of variety for all abilities all though I'm not a fan of the Mountain Restaurants on that side. Buses run to and from Wagrain all day, I think every 15 mins at peak times and every 30 Mins the rest of the day. These are free with your ski pass, so it is easy enough to hop down to "Snowsapce" for more pistes. I've not stayed in Kleinarl so can't comment on the nightlife or restaurants. I'm sure someone will come along soon enough.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@schifoan, it will be busy in February, as that is when the Austrians. Germans and Dutch have their holidays. But one advantage of Shuttleberg is that there are loads of parks, so a lot of the slope users there stick to the parks and stay off the pistes.

Sorry, I know very little about the ski schools except to say that I really haven't heard any negative comments about any of the ski schools in this area.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy