Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One Dad. Two Boys(9&10)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to do a boys trip (in some sort of semblance)

Ideally a hotel with a pool and very close to the ski schools. They will have private instruction as they are only into the 2 nd week of their careers.

I am skiing myself after this break with friends so I don’t need miles of piste to cover whilst they learn.

Ideally we would travel in Feb (outside school holidays in the uk) and flying from London.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 6-12-19 22:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski Esprit would work well. Kids for yours to play with and some downtime for you when you need it
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you have a country or continent in mind?
Assuming Europe I'd be thinking Austria or Switzerland and a lower altitude resort.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well I personally have always enjoyed Austria (short transfers) and the people I’ve encountered.

I don’t want a 4/5 hour transfer ideally.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Catered chalet a must if you want to talk to adults in the evenings, so probably France is your best bet.

La Plagne 1800 is cosy with 2 nice bars, all the chalets are easy walking distance to the lift, and the schools meet at the lift, so it's got it all. Alpine Elements have a good selection there, and they're affordable.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I won't name specific resorts but based on travel with a couple kids of similar age and would agree Austria as we've had great times there.

Check passport...renew if less than 6 months at point of travel...brexit effect.

Tour operator is easy, you are hostage to their arrangements...but accept it. I've done both.

Pack light...regardless of your partners demands, they don't need a new outfit every night.

90 minute to 2.5 hour transfer.

No need to go high as your prime season.

Half-board hotel...a week of schnitzel and chips wont kill them or a larger resort and b&b with restaurants nearby.

Be within 15 minutes walk of lifts and hire a locker. 3 pairs of skis are hard to carry (if you insist...take a couple metre rope or washing line to help carry them).

Hotel with pool / spa...do check the rules as some ban kids.

Ski school...private lessons for a couple hours them spend the day together. My eldest was 11 when he started to complain about me being slow.

Mornings are a military operation but it's so worth it to be up on the first lifts together, so they can show off the skills.

I've not skied there but kitzbuhel sprang to mind.

Oh..and reckon on getting fined by the school, unless you're attendance is otherwise perfect.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If France, don't go till after the first week of March - school holidays.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
did it with own kids now on the grandad thing
found the most cost effective enjoyable is
the smaller austrian villages served by t/o on 1/2 board so as you arnt looking for food and entertainment in a hotel with preferably a pool near the piste ski school and village centre . Most of the smaller villages have things like toboganing evenings bowling etc to keep them amused and entertained plus the hotels tend to be family run and better value for 3 in a room austrian twins plus 1. the idea of a catered chalet fills me with dread having done it with and without kids having had a holiday ruined by other folks kids, on the other hand constantly being on watch of my own so as not to disturb others , a family lads trip is a bonding learning thing together wether skiing or life skills and at that age mileage down a different piste all day isnt what they will enjoy more having fun w together in or out of ski school
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

austrian twins

Called a double bed elsewhere in the world, but the boys can share.

I'll echo @pam w, statement UK school holidays arn'e as significant as the local school holidays. First week in Feb should be OK and this year the first week in March will not be too bad as there is only one French region on mid winter holiday, the local one.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A quick plug for Italy, has everything you can find in France, Austria & Switzerland, but with better value for money, better food and arguably a more welcoming ambience, particularly for kids!! I've been taking my son last 4 years and he loves it!

Venice, Verona or Turin are within close striking distance of a number of resorts and are served by budget airlines. The Cortina nursery slopes are some of the most extensive in Europe. Cervinia is full of amazing wide cruisey progression runs. Val di Fassa has a ski area for every day of the week.

Away from half-term the flights are still cheap.

Car hire in Italy in winter is £60-70 a week.

The resorts are usually quiet during the week, though it can get busier at weekends.

Nice hotels are good value, if you don't mind a drive up to the lifts in the morning. As with anywhere, you will pay more to be right by the lifts.

Get an evening flight home and you could do a day in Venice at the end...if it hasn't sunk below the waves by then!! Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy