Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tolls Telepeage to Albertville from Calais and Return

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Tolls for Calais to Alberville as at March 2019

Place Kilometers Cost
A26 REIMS (COURCY) A26 CALAIS 267.2 23.20
A26 LIMITE SANEF/APRR A26 REIMS NORD (ORMES) 112.3 11.10
A6 VILLEFRANCHE-LIMAS A26 LIMITE APRR / SANEF 381 32.30
A432 LA BOISSE 24 2.2
A43 CHAMBERY NORD A43 ST QUENTIN FAL. BARR 67 11.80
A430 STE HELENE BARRIERE A43 CHIGNIN BARRIERE 41 5.40

A43 CHIGNIN BARRIERE A430 STE HELENE BARRIERE 36 5.40
A43 ST QUENTIN FAL. BARR A43 CHAMBERY NORD 67 11.80
A432 LA BOISSE 24 2.2
A26 REIMS NORD (ORMES) A26 LIMITE SANEF/APRR 112.3 11.10
A26 LIMITE APRR / SANEF A6 VILLEFRANCHE-LIMAS 381 32.90
A26 CALAIS A26 REIMS (COURCY) 267.2 23.20

Total for return trip €172.60

Total on invoice from Big and Go €175.40.

so around £150.00 plus 3 tanks of fuel £270.00 Total cost £420

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 6-12-19 16:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@boredsurfin, That is a lot of fuel. What are you driving?

My wife's large estate car will consume 58l and at the French deisel price of roughly £1.25 per litre that comes in at roughly £72 each way or £144 return
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mappy.com allows you to enter your car's fuel consumption. It will then calculate the journey costs using current toll and fuel prices. A quick visit to the site gives a cost of 172 euros each way from Calais to Albertville by the fastest route.
It even gives avaialble blablacar offers.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@johnE, doh! I have corrected it now! That cost is from Central Southern England and back, not just the French France bit plus probably quarter of a tank shopping and doing stuff while we are there Very Happy
My 4x4 does around 35mpg on the motorways at the speed limit and less up and down the mountains
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@johnE, If I fill up at Ashford I can get all the way to Montalbert on one tank. Shopping and the Vets mean I fill up in Aime or Bourg. Then on the journey home fill up at Reims on the way back, I usually get home with half a tank-ish of French diesel. - Its not an exact science for me Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
An awful long time since I drove to and from the Alps. I have memories, though, of travelling sometimes along the Routes Nationales. Slower than the Autoroutes, but toll-free, pleasant and with delightful rural spots to stop for a meal. It was a long time ago, though. Are they not a viable option any more?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Are they not a viable option any more?

It is always a viable option but will take a long time. You will probably need an overnight stop on the way.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles wrote:

Yes, they are still a valid option. I would use a RN for part of the way if I was doing Calais - Albertville. I usually go through the Jura if I'm going to Haute Savoie, through either the Jura or Vosges if going to Switzerland.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnE wrote:
Quote:

It is always a viable option but will take a long time. You will probably need an overnight stop on the way.
This is the case for me. Prior to the completion of the peage section of the A5 (A31?) we used to take the RN and it normally meant an overnight stop, adding to the cost of the journey. When that section was completed we paid a bit more in tolls, but overall the journey was cheaper as we could do it in one hit rather than splitting it across two days.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy