Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo novice boarder looking to get out

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

Im looking to get on a mountain over xmas or new year. Im pretty new to boarding, only been on a couple of package trips.
Being on my my own i would prefer to jump in with a group. What is the best way for a solo boarder to hit the slopes without getting hit with the 'no mates' supplement?

Thanks

Nick
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Nikjam, welcome to snowheads. If dates are flexible, then try one of the snowheads bashes (see "snowEvents" section). If you want to try over the holidays then go UCPA via action-outdoors
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Nikjam, welcome aboard...
get it?!
Toofy Grin

I was in pretty much your shoes when I first started, looking for a solo trip after being introduced to it by friends. Hopefully you can find a trip to join, however on top of that I can't recommend the Snowheads bashes enough. I found out about the End of Season bash while researching a solo trip, and haven't looked back since. https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=147802

There's plenty of boarders around at various levels, and the skiers are good company too snowHead

Another option is snowboard Camps, if you can find one at the right level for you it's great for a solo, plus the progression of course..
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@nbt I've Just checked out UCPA looks pretty good i should be able to get on that for xmas!

Cheers
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ Robin-Agogo EOSB looks good, may have to jump on that.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Likewise, my first boarding trip was the EOSB in 2017 and I've been back for 2018 and 2019 (and am signed up for 2020), it's a really good way to have a ready-made big group of people to hang out with, and as Robin says there are plenty of us boarding at all levels, you'll always have people to go out on the slopes with. And there are some well-trained skiers around to drag us across the flat bits too... Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nikjam wrote:
@ Robin-Agogo EOSB looks good, may have to jump on that.

And even if you get a trip in before, it's great for that "one more trip before winter ends" feeling snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Singlesport is in Les Arcs at Xmas and boarders are welcome
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Funny i've just had a look at Singlesport, looking at about £1300 before flights.

I've seen a trip to Val D'Isere with UCPA £900 ish and i can get flights for about £50 each way.

I know Val D'Isere is known for being expensive, but what do you call expensive? i'm not going to be knocking shots back with jagerbombs in the club but a few drinks in a bar would be on the cards, how much for a Rum and Coke / Beer?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Singlesport trip is all inclusive --lift pass, all food & drink (inc lunch) , lessons/guiding all day for 5 days
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skigirl21 wrote:
The Singlesport trip is all inclusive --lift pass, all food & drink (inc lunch) , lessons/guiding all day for 5 days

Hi Skigirl21. The UCPA is all inclusive too 12 hours of lessons / guiding 6 1/2 day lift pass too. Just flights and drinks to buy!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Would you recommend Les Arcs over Val D'Isere?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Les Arcs is tuition all day for 5 days single room 7 nights but I would agree Val DIsere is a better resort

Club Med is free transfer but only if your flight fits the time of the bus. If not you have to buy your own transfer which can easily add £100+
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nikjam wrote:
Would you recommend Les Arcs over Val D'Isere?

I would, for novices, although either will work.

Val d'Isere has more "night life" however and Les Arcs is more of a family place, in general.
Les Arcs is easier to find fresh tracks in and has better tree skiing, although neither is likely relevant for novices.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Did you end up booking for NYE ? I'm going with UCPA to Val d'isere

I've been with them before in Chamonix was a really good week !
snow report
Hi,

They won’t have me!

They have an age limit if 45 years old, I’m 46 so can’t go with UCPA. Annoying really.

I tried to get on with Singlesport but they were booked up

I ended up booking with Hofnar going to Morzine I fly out on Saturday.
snow report
Have a great time, Morzine is fun ! I did a season there
snow report
@Nikjam, Welcome to SH.
I board every weekend in the PdS (normally PLJ) but know my way to Morzine, and can meet up.
This year I am billy-no-mates as my kids have all cleared off to Uni and Mrs works for ESF.
Also I am excluded by the ageist policy of UCPA.
If you get bored or want someone to ride with, PM me this weekend.

Within minutes you'll appreciate your own company again Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy