Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

sole boot lab or sanglard for new touring boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
which one would you use/have you used and why?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sole. Used them lots and sent friends there. They are great.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or somewhere much closer. Giltbrook is just up the road from you. This fitting lark is overated wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mother hucker, I have bought boots for self and/or family members from each. Both are terrific and have very good aftercare. However, if I was forced to choose one it would be Sanglard. Probably difficult to define why, just overall experience. I suspect there is a generational element to it.

If you fancy a day up north, I bought my last touring boots from Backcountry at Otley. Very good fitter with an extensive range. A long way from Chamonix if you need adjustments!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon wrote:
Or somewhere much closer. Giltbrook is just up the road from you. This fitting lark is overated wink

I'll treat you to a pair of them Jon, i'll get them a bit bigger so you can grow in to them.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
HammondR wrote:
@Mother hucker, I have bought boots for self and/or family members from each. Both are terrific and have very good aftercare. However, if I was forced to choose one it would be Sanglard. Probably difficult to define why, just overall experience. I suspect there is a generational element to it.

If you fancy a day up north, I bought my last touring boots from Backcountry at Otley. Very good fitter with an extensive range. A long way from Chamonix if you need adjustments!

Id love nothing more than to go to Backcountry at Otley. My issue though, current boots are a size 25.5 which were fine at 1st(got them cheap from another snowhead may as.well say never worn) now they're packed out, theyre too big and i really need a smaller size. Looking at backcountrys stock levels on line they have nothing in a 24 or 24.5
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Concept.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Both will be good. I would say SOLE just because I know several people who've used them and been very happy. Book James if you can.

Concept are well reviewed but I had a fitting done by one of the Nicklasses. Whilst they were very friendly (free beer!) and seemed to know their stuff, there is still a fair bit wrong with the boot that I would've expected a bootfitter to have noticed. I might be being pernickety though, and I do intend to go back and talk to them about it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Meltus, interesting. Defo go and have a chat.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy