Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra (Arinsal) in April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yep, it's that time.... someone asking what something-something is going to be like in 4 months time. I know, I know, but humour me Wink

Okay, so here's the topline:

- Two families of 4 can only go around Easter 2020
- Heading out Thursday 2nd to Friday 10th
- Andorra fits the bill for overall cost
- 4 kids between 6-10 who have never skied so will need lessons
- 1 parent who's never skied so will need lessons
- 3 parents have skied but it won't be pretty so will need refresher lesson(s)
- May require non-skiing activities
- Doing it DIY because of time slot we have

So me and the missus did Arinsal the other year and loved the place; easy going, enough places to eat and drink, nice wide slopes for us as beginners. Family lift pass prices and accommodation prices work well us as a group and the flights to Barcelona are relatively low too.
This isn't a trip for mile-munching slope time, more easy newcomers into it and having a nice family time away.

Arinsal - would you go at that time of year? Village will probably have no snow but up the mountain should be okay, shouldn't it?
Transport - shared transfer (hassle-free) or car rental (flexible, can do shopping on way)? Heard there can be issues with taking rentals out of Spain and into Andorra
Activities - on-slope and off, what do people recommend? We never got that far on our last trip but heard Caldea was good.
Kids clubs - what's the ski school like for the little ones?

Any and all opinions please.

Obvs the snow conditions are in the lap of the Gods somewhat and historically, Andorra as a whole has been all over the shop with snow cover in recent years but April always shows some snow (apart from 2014 records, which looked bad)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At the start of April it's reasonable to expect that anywhere in the Pyreenes will still be in good nick. Spring skiing typically demands early starts and early finishes though.

Yup, do check the car hire conditions for going into Andorra.

Caldea is excellent.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure of Arinsal altitude. If you haven’t booked accommodation you could consider staying in Soldeu which has an excellent teaching area then getting lifts up to Grau Roig if you need colder snow.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Orange200 wrote:
Not sure of Arinsal altitude. If you haven’t booked accommodation you could consider staying in Soldeu which has an excellent teaching area then getting lifts up to Grau Roig if you need colder snow.

It's about 1450m in the village. Think the main station is up at about 1800m.

Was considering El Tarter/Soldeu but couldn't find an apartment for the 8 of us within budget. Plus, Grandvilara don't do a family lift pass option, so we're looking at another €300+ (and at the level of most of our group, we don't need a huge area). BUT that area does have a bigger setup for the kids and off-slope activities
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fair.

And as I always say ; remember Andorra is not in EU, keep those mobiles on WiFi only as soon as you get near the border!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Orange200 wrote:
Fair.

And as I always say ; remember Andorra is not in EU, keep those mobiles on WiFi only as soon as you get near the border!

Yeah, texts were like gold dust when we went the other year. Was nice not to have phone in hand constantly
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy