Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Junior Freeride Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Choice is getting quite good. Pup on Mantra junior 128's but he's now 140cm and 35 kg so time to size up. Go for same in 138 118 86 111 1200g or try:

K2 Mindbender Team 145 127 98 116 1400g
Blizzard Rustler junior 140 123 92 113 1450g
Line SFB Shorty 145 133 107 129 1500g

There is also Faction Candide 2.0 Yth 145 @ 95mm wide and 1350g but its pricey...

Anyone's kids tried any of these?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've got a pair of 2016 Whitedot Director trads left in 151cm 134-107-124 1480g that are going dirt cheap. Would have to check on the exact price but they'd be circa £225.00 shipped to Verbier VAT free. Proper WD construction not a 'junior construction'. Did have a CarbonLite pair left but sold them a couple of weeks ago.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
they are quite heavy for a littley.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’d go Gotoma Juniors if they still do them 138’s 0r even 148’s great ski’s for the pups
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BobinCH,

My son skis competitive freeride (still u12, but quite a bit bigger than 35kg now!)
He's had quite a few pairs of mantra juniors as his allrounder ski. Pretty good solid choice - if you were a bit closer, I have an old (well beaten!) pair knocking around doing nothing...
He also competed on his 151 carbonlite directors last season, and did pretty well, so good suggestion by spyderjon.

The Director is a bit fatter and more rockered than the Mantra so it was primarily intended as a powder ski, but he liked it a lot so skied it as the first choice with the mantra as the harder snow ski.
When he was a bit smaller, I'd not have let him ski on that as a primary ski as the Mantra is probably better for technique learning, but he also race trains so not so bothered now.

This year he also has some Faction Prodigy 2.0s that I picked up at the end of last season. They'll be his Mantra replacement. Still need to get round to getting the bigger Whitedots...

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 3-12-19 8:16; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all. I think 151 is too long for him, particularly in a solid construction. I think we stick with Mantra juniors or try the Rustlers. Not sure he needs to wider yet....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BobinCH wrote:
Thanks all. I think 151 is too long for him, particularly in a solid construction. I think we stick with Mantra juniors or try the Rustlers. Not sure he needs to wider yet....

Mantra is/was also a solid construction, but agree that the shorter, narrower, more traditional shape is probably better.
As well as factions, a few of his friends were on Bent Chetler Jrs, so that might be another option?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Our 10 y old is doing freestyle course in Cham this season and i will be renting tomic Punx 140. Not buying any skis for junior as we don't live in Alps.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Interesting...

Ski weights (Mantra Junior)

Binding weights:
Marker Free 7 - 560g
Marker free 10 - 750g
Marker Squire 11 - 1150g
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blizzard Rustlers are 150g heavier at equivalent length. Assume explained by burlier construction

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stuarth wrote:
As well as factions, a few of his friends were on Bent Chetler Jrs, so that might be another option?

Hadn’t seen those. Good shout!

snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
These also look good, particularly if the stated weight is accurate - would put the 145 around 1100g

latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scott used to do a Punisher Junior which I think they now do as the Scrapper to match the current range. Our son used the Punisher up until about 16 as they did a decent range of sizes.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Armada Tantrum
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy