Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sestriere Ski Lockers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to my favourite forum for some advice.

We are going to Sestriere in February with a 14 year old novice. She is booked in to ski school and we are staying in the Olympic village. As I understand it, there is approximately a 10minute walk uphill to the ski school meeting point, now doing that with a Teenager who hasn't worn ski boots before let alone walked in them, will be a challenge I suspect. So to retain harmony in the Wylie household I thought I would enquire about ski lockers nearer the ski school. I found the following company and wondered of my fellow snowhounds had used said company or could recommend somewhere nearby.

I know there is the option of using the lift outside the hotel and skiing down but this is out of the question due to little ones inexperience, well certainly for the first couple of days anyway.

Over to you lot.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don’t know about ski lockers..... but.....

A 10 minute walk doesn’t sound right to me, there are 2 different areas in sestriere where the ski schools meet as I remember (I never used them but remember seeing them all meet at both places)

One is at the bottom of the gondola joining ses and Sauze (Fraiteve) and the other is at the bottom of the main slopes into sestriere, so it would depend which school she’s with.

The bottom of the gondola to Sauze is a meeting point and is literally a minute or two walk from the Olympic village.

The ski school meeting point which is a longer walk away from the Olympic village (maybe a 10 minute walk in boots) is in the main bit of sestriere next to a magic carpet and nursery slopes (if she’s a complete FDB then Likely to be this one) On the first day she may have to walk up but most of the time you can pick boots and skis up from the rental shop on the first day which will be near the school meeting pint. From the second day on, provided she can pizza slice, she should be able to use the slow chairlift which is a minute or two walk from the Olympic village, get off at the intermidate station, go left off of that and keep right and ski down a blue run to the bottom where the ski schools meet near the magic carpet etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skied there for the last two years, there is a good locker room right by the main area/nursery slope. You won't have any problems finding it. Nice and simples
Have a great week.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
LDP816 wrote:
I don’t know about ski lockers..... but.....

A 10 minute walk doesn’t sound right to me, there are 2 different areas in sestriere where the ski schools meet as I remember (I never used them but remember seeing them all meet at both places)

One is at the bottom of the gondola joining ses and Sauze (Fraiteve) and the other is at the bottom of the main slopes into sestriere, so it would depend which school she’s with.

The bottom of the gondola to Sauze is a meeting point and is literally a minute or two walk from the Olympic village.

The ski school meeting point which is a longer walk away from the Olympic village (maybe a 10 minute walk in boots) is in the main bit of sestriere next to a magic carpet and nursery slopes (if she’s a complete FDB then Likely to be this one) On the first day she may have to walk up but most of the time you can pick boots and skis up from the rental shop on the first day which will be near the school meeting pint. From the second day on, provided she can pizza slice, she should be able to use the slow chairlift which is a minute or two walk from the Olympic village, get off at the intermidate station, go left off of that and keep right and ski down a blue run to the bottom where the ski schools meet near the magic carpet etc.

Fantastic info, thanks LDP. Even though she is classed as a complete beginner she would have done 2 lessons at the Snow centre in Hemel so she will already have some confidence, but i wont throw her onto a run the first day, that is what we pay instructors for Laughing

The question came about from reading some reviews on Crystals website regarding the location in relation to the ski school etc.

@gazzaredcruiser Thanks for the input, that is exactly what I was after
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi
I have a similar issue
Staying at Hotel Gran Roc (formally I Cavalieri.
Travelling with Crystal. The ski school is
Scuola Sci Via Lattea, there meeting point us at Garnel chairlift. We haven't sorted our ski hire yet. Looking for somewhere close to ski school where can return skis to each evening do we don't have to bring back to hotel each night. I would appreciate any recomendations please.
Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are a couple of Hire places close to the Garnel lift ; not sure if storage is included in hire price : but you can leave your skis/boots there (25/30 euros?)

http://www.albarachin.com/deposito.html

https://darosanna3.wixsite.com/website
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Search for these guys especially on facebook. They are a wealth of information and can sort ski rental etc for you
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's great thanks
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's great thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy