Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda in December?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I like Italy. It has good food, well groomed pistes that make me look like a badass, and the pistes of the sella ronda are very good.

Trouble is this year the only likely ski trip is 14th Dec.

So firstly what's the snow likely to be doing, is mid December skiing around the sella ronda a pipe dream to be dismissed and I'm stuck with snow sure options in France and Austria?

Finally if anyone can see a decent deal from 14th to 21st, even better if it is a package, self catering, right next to a lift, that would be splendid. Don't really want to DIY if I can avoid it. Good operators to look at?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Digger the dinosaur, if you want a tour operator, Inghams have some good deals for those dates already. Not many TOs start their programme in the Dolomites that early.

Or you could easily get your own cheap flights to Venice. Reasonable cost transfers to Arabba. Direct book accommodation. That DIY option is really easy.

However, if you prefer a package, you might pick up a good deal now. Looks like snow is going to be fine. It will be wonderfully quiet.

If you want any more detailed advice, useful contact information, whatever, just PM or ask on here.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Digger the dinosaur, and on the snow front, have you looked at the webcams yet? The area had a great early fall of snow, some parts are opening a week early and as others have said before elsewhere, they will always have the Sella Ronda posted open via snowmaking anyway. But this looks like a good year for early season.

Caveat some time within next couple of weeks it could suddenly warm up and so valley snow disappears but even if that happens I personally would say the pistes are a safe bet.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi we have booked 14/12 with Igu ski/Ski total in a catered chalet (Soldanella) £534pp transfers, flights, we have been many times at different times of year, and Sella Ronda has always been open, it seems to be their priority, all the 'extra' snow is just cosmetic and makes for stunning pictures.
(just checked and seems only flights from Birmingham left)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Bartezki, just did the same, but the Gatwick flight that wasn't an option on thu was available now for some reason so went for it. Looks like we'll see you at the soldanella!

Their black Friday £100 each did it for us, meant we could do selva at the same price we'd have been paying for cheaper options in other resorts.

Looking at the forecast another 10cm of snow expected this weekend, and more late this week, and it is already looking pretty good on the webcams. Can't wait, time to get that helmet I've been pondering over the summer Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Italy has just seen one of the snowiest Novembers of all time.

Book it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Absolutely no problem this year. The forecast is looking possibly good for some snow shortly after you arrive aswell but we all know how that can change!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Digger the dinosaur, less than half the cost of New Year week in the same chalet and without the crowds. Great call.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy