Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Brexit (Austria) Ski Instructors/Cooks etc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Urgent Shortage Problem being addressed..

Exact numbers to British citizens who earn their money as ski instructors in Austria in the winter, there is not, only estimates. In some federal states, such as Salzburg or Tyrol, there is talk of up to 600. They would then suddenly have no right to work - "and would be missing,"

One way would be to employ them through the seasonal quota. Last year, an annual contingent of 1263 persons was agreed under the previous government, with a buffer of 20 percent, adjustable between summer and winter seasons. This regulation should also apply in 2020, and a corresponding regulation was reviewed last week.

https://www.derstandard.at/story/2000111554529/brexit-draengt-skilehrer-von-heimischen-pisten
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@stanton, British people living and working in Austria can stay after Brexit, even in the event of No Deal. They would have to apply for either a Rot-Weiß-Rot-Plus work/residency permit, or a long term Daueraufenthalt work/residency permit.

If they do not live in Austria, then their prospective employer would need to seek an EU Blue Card for seasonal workers on their behalf, and yes there is a quota system.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@queenie pretty please, Yes but most Workers are transient/economic seasonaires and that is where there will be huge shortfall they would have to apply (quota system) like any other 3rd Country National …

Clearly it is not going to be same anymore ..
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stanton, this is the most boring subject ever...........
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stanton, we know it's not going to be the same. I assume those people who voted for Brexit do not give a crap about British seasonnaires. The quota system is there to ensure that priority goes to EU workers, so I daresay many British seasonaires will be replaced. It's fairly insignificant when you look at the overall bigger picture of Brexit-related job losses and lifestyle changes in the UK. And we already have an extensive thread about that...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
munich_irish wrote:
@stanton, this is the most boring subject ever...........

Not really ..as it will effect many UK folks seeking work in Austria Ski towns after 2020....i.e next season!!

Link i posted was in (todays) a respective National Austrian newspaper..
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@stanton, you seem to get lots of enjoyment from winding up the Brits but it really is getting very boring, no one has got a clue what is going to happen. There is simply no point in endlessly starting arguments about it all, it has nothing to do with skiing or snow...........
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
He's just worried about who he's going to be picking up in his taxi, freeloading off of or what his mates in the bars and restaurants are going to do if they can't spit in the food and drink they serve to UK folks when they aren't there.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just info that Austrian Trade organisations have recognised the situation and are actively addressing it..
That should be welcome by UK Ski working folks..

take it or leave it ...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not unsurprisingly a lot of work has been done on this by the TOs and others who might actually be effected and they know what the impacts will be even if the UK leaves the EU with no deal.

Certainly for France there is an agreed defined process which everyone understands.

If you are likely to be effected and unsure it's probably worth researching/joining SBIT (Seasonal Businesses in Tourism).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
munich_irish wrote:
[no one has got a clue what is going to happen

Which is not true. Austria, and I expect many other EU nations, have comprehensive plans in place for British citizens/workers in their countries in a range of Brexit scenarios and have been keeping us informed regularly. I think it's only the UK that is floundering around cluelessly.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
queenie pretty please wrote:
munich_irish wrote:
[no one has got a clue what is going to happen

Which is not true. Austria, and I expect many other EU nations, have comprehensive plans in place for British citizens/workers in their countries in a range of Brexit scenarios and have been keeping us informed regularly. I think it's only the UK that is floundering around cluelessly.

The UK has published several documents about what EU workers need to do
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy