Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Melchsee-Frutt (near Engelberg) Today...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Today we went to a resort called Melchsee-Frutt which is a very popular place with the Swiss but isn't really known outside the country. It is situated due west of Engelberg in the "next" valley as it were. There are only 50km or so of runs but the village is at 1900m in a bowl so the snow is excellent. The weather was superb once again: not a cloud in the sky. The temperature had risen dramatically and it was just above freezing when we started skiing but by 7pm it was 17 deg.C in the valley. The snow was pretty mushy in the lower sections but the pistes stayed in surprisingly good shape above the village (they only extend to 2300m). We had a couple of Aprés ski beers and then discovered the gondola (only way into the village) had closed so we had to ski down porridge to the car park at 900m...which was interesting. Off to Davos tomorrow for a couple of days before I fly back on Monday night... snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sharkymark,

They are talking about linking this valley to Engelberg and creating a 4 resort complex. Sounds like a huge undertaking
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, the local Swiss aren't too keen apparently as it would swamp the area and remove the atmosphere. I have to say I tend to agree as resorts such as Melchsee-Frutt are best left as they are...waiting to be "discovered". Looking at the distance between Titlis and Melchsee-Frutt and the landscape, it would be a mammoth task but there is already a high altitude hiking route that links the two.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sharkymark,

I know engelberg doesn't want it.....doesn't think they need it... but maybe the drive is from the smaller resorts
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JT, yeah that makes sense. I'm told that Melchsee-Frutt is one of "the" holiday destinations for the Swiss in central Switzerland and although it's tiny, I think it does very well so probably wouldn't need (or want?) the links. I don't know about the other villages that would be in the ski area.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Now that I've worked out that I can use the Snow Media thing, I've posted a few images...

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/538
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy