Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Barcelona- Andorra Transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone got any recommendations for transfer companies to take 8-10 of us from Barcelona Airport to Pas de la Casa this January, return?

I'm aware that there is a Shuttle, but if it's affordable we would prefer a private minibus, as it's a long way and we are keen to get cracking once we land.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Andbus do also offer a private transfer service - you can get a quote on their website, https://www.andorrabybus.com/en .

If you do use it, put a post up on how it goes as we're thinking of using that service ourselves in February Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try https://andorratravelservice.com/ they can arrange shuttle and private transfers, and I have always found them very helpful. The shuttle is very reliable, but be aware it doesn’t stop until it reaches Andorra la Vella, about 3 1/2 hours.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rent a car.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your replies.
@Slippery Slope, I have looked at Andorrabybus and they are similar (perhaps slightly more expensive) than Suntransfers, who are the other company in the running.
@Jja, I will look at Andorra travel service but will probably be going for the private transfer as it means we can make the most of our time, with an early flight out and late flight home.

@Whitegold, many thanks, as ever short and to the point but of minimal use!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi ive used andorratravelservice last few years,very good and they always stopped on our trips.But we did have a private transfer.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just checked: Andbus quote 560 Euro return for a private transfer. We've just hired a Seat Leon with Hertz for 90 Euro for the week.
I know it wasn't what the OP was asking for, but @Whitegold, does have a point Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Check if you can leave Spain as you are normally charged,also you need snow chains
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@hes good, Quite right. There's a 16 Euro supplement for taking car to Andorra. May have to buy chains on the way if the weather's bad. I once tried taking chains as hand luggage. That didn't end well Embarassed
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lockkeeper wrote:
@hes good, Quite right. There's a 16 Euro supplement for taking car to Andorra. May have to buy chains on the way if the weather's bad. I once tried taking chains as hand luggage. That didn't end well Embarassed

The way the conditions stand now, you'll not need any chains, but if you get stopped in Andorra without them you'll get fined.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Lockkeeper, we always hired in Barcelona and drove to Pas de la Casa when we went to Andorra. It's an easy drive and only the last part of it has much risk of snow and ice. Having said that, they are very good at clearing the road so we never had problems getting there. One year we had a big dump of snow the day we were leaving and we just bought chains in resort on the way out which was cheap and simple. It is a lot cheaper than private transfer anyway.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ysb33r wrote:
Lockkeeper wrote:

The way the conditions stand now, you'll not need any chains, but if you get stopped in Andorra without them you'll get fined.

Indeed - although in practice they only fine you if (a) there is snow/ice on the road, and (b) you are being an obstacle to other traffic. Honestly I think I'd take the risk and go without them in this current period of wall-to-wall sunshine - with the obvious proviso that you'll need to buy them immediately if the weather looks like it'll change.

BTW, @Lockkeeper, I successfully took chains in hand luggage through Bristol airport, having bought them cheap in a Lidl deal in the UK, so I don't think they're prohibited per se. (If they got through Bristol then they should get through anywhere; it's the tightest security circus that I know of.)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pyremaniac wrote:
ysb33r wrote:
Lockkeeper wrote:

Indeed - although in practice they only fine you if (a) there is snow/ice on the road, and (b) you are being an obstacle to other traffic. Honestly I think I'd take the risk and go without them in this current period of wall-to-wall sunshine - with the obvious proviso that you'll need to buy them immediately if the weather looks like it'll change.

BTW, @Lockkeeper, I successfully took chains in hand luggage through Bristol airport, having bought them cheap in a Lidl deal in the UK, so I don't think they're prohibited per se. (If they got through Bristol then they should get through anywhere; it's the tightest security circus that I know of.)

Wouldn't snow socks be more airline security friendly?

This lot are TUV & French approved http://www.autosock.co.uk/

And Andorra gets a mention Q12 Are AutoSock approved for use in the Alps, where "snow chains" are compulsory?

AutoSock have been approved since 2010 for use in France as an alternative to metal snow chains where the B26 snow chain signs require snow chains to be carried. Visitors to France will need to download a sticker to fix to the AutoSock storage bag, and are also advised to download the relevant details, taken from the Gendarmerie website, and AutoSock's press release.

AutoSock can also legally be used when snowchains must be carried or fitted in Andorra, the Czech Republic, Germany, Italy and Slovenia.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Pyremaniac, I think it was Geneva. I had to go back to the check in desk with them. No extra charge IIRC. Probably BA. They arrived at LGW on the conveyer belt all by themselves in their plastic box.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Drove up to Andorra on Friday night and there were LOTS of cars failing to make it up the French side following the days light snow, fortunately I'd booked a 4wd which remarkably had winter tyres on despite being hired from Barcelona, so I sailed up the mountain!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy